Wusb54g Problem

subzero4101

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
How are you doing guys/

The problem is my wusb54g v4 wireless G adapter just currently stopped working.I had it for a few months with no problems except with drivers but i had got those fixed.My os is vista home premium. I was downloading music then went to sleep and woke up and wasnt connected to the internet.So i tryed connecting to my network and it wouldnt work for nothing.i diagnosed the problem but no information was giving for the problem i also tryed to repair it but still nothing.I have no clue on what to do. Im afraid to reset my router because we had to go through alot getting it setup through verizon. I dont want the settings chaging and having to figure it all out again. Oh and the router is 2.4 ghz Linksys BroadBand Router Wireless G.So if anyone could help please do i need this problem resolved as quick as possible.

Thank You

Sub Zero

akhilles

Splendid
If you're using a Linksys program to manage wireless, dump it ASAP. Windows has a built-in utility for that. Works 10 out of 10 times.

Download the driver, unzip it, uninstall the driver from device manager, restart pc, when asked, point Windows to the folder containing the driver files. i.e.:

X:\Downloads\WUSB54G_20040903\Drivers\WUSB54Gv1

Vista is smarter than XP and will auto search any subfolder for the right driver. Then go to Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center, set up a connection..., follow the wizard.