Wxp pro a 2 CD set?

bil

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004

Would like to add faxing component. Error message says please insert SP2 CD.
When purchased there was only one CD (from university bookstore). On Cd says
Wxp professional w/SP2. Does with mean SP/2 is on the CD or on a 2nd CD? This
happens whether I try to load from the "setup additional components" on the
CD or from within the add/remove components in the Control Panel.

Hi

XP SP2 should be on one CD. You haven't picked up an OEM version of MCE
2005 have you?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"bil" <bil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would like to add faxing component. Error message says please insert SP2
> CD.
> When purchased there was only one CD (from university bookstore). On Cd
> says
> Wxp professional w/SP2. Does with mean SP/2 is on the CD or on a 2nd CD?
> This
> happens whether I try to load from the "setup additional components" on
> the
> CD or from within the add/remove components in the Control Panel.

SP2 is Service Pack 2, Service Pack 2 is a later update for Windows XP
(Home& Pro).
I would assume SP2 is already integrated into your Win XP operating system.

It could be that your computer is looking in the wrong spot for your Win XP
CD.
If you have added hard drives or CD-RW or DVD drives to your computer
drives letters may have changed

You might need to redirect to the correct drive letter.