Question X-Ray Printer Drivers - Where to Download Them? DryPix, DryView, DryStar...

JuniperSprouts

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hi,

KODAK DRYVIEW 5800
FUJIFILM DRYPIX M0DEL 5000
AGFA Drystar 5300

I have been asked to help (advise) a poor hospital in a poor country to buy an xray printer. I do not even see where the drivers are to be had for these (Windows XP 32-bit, by the way). Any ideas?

Are there organizations that can help with this?

Ralston18

Titan
Much more than drivers needs to be addressed.

Ideas:

I googled the first listed printer along with the word "driver".

Found:

http://listing.driveragent.com/0/prt/KODAK_DV5800_20

You can do much the same for that printer and the other listed printers as well.

However, do be careful as there are any number of websites that may pop up offering the drivers but are not really secure with respect to the website and potential downloads.

Read webpages, etc. very carefully. Especially "Download" type buttons.

Have your AV and malware software up to date and running.

As part of your effort to help buy the xray printer that effort should include finding the applicable xray printer(s) User Guides/Manuals.

Along with maintenance manuals as well. Check for parts lists.

Finding the drivers is one thing. Finding an xray printer that is still supportable, maintainable, and repairable is another.

Consider availability, sources, shipping, set-up costs and so forth.

Especially before spending the monies.

Ralston18

Titan
Indeed, but that did not happen until three clicks in and a 2007 year date. 15 years old and I saw no point in attempting to download the driver.

So I just provided the link....

(And actually the DriverAgent top link is for Server 2003. The middle two Eastman Kodak links are XP.)

This is where I stopped:

https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=e071c2ba-f5a6-42ff-9388-7c0d452a321e

From the link:

"
Eastman Kodak Company, Health Imaging Division - Printers - Fuji DryPix1000/3000 Compatible 20

Last Modified: 11/19/2007

Size: 957 KB

"

Server 2003.

My initial google search using "KODAK DRYVIEW 5800 XP driver" resulted in 2,460 results.

You can change the search criteria to filter and narrow the results. Applies to all 3 printers....

And remember: XP is no longer supported and depending on the hospital's version there may not be any driver at all.

Or the driver may not be fully configurable or functional. You must consider the details of OS, hardware, software, and drivers.

As the advisor you know much more about the overall circumstances and requirements of your assignment than anyone else.

So you must use your knowledge to search for and to find the drivers - if the drivers are indeed anywhere available. One site (which I did not and will not present) appeared to be selling the driver.

And to answer about organizations that can help: why not contact, for example, Eastman Kodak?

Explain the situation, the requirements, yourself, and your assignment. Fair chance that someone will be able to help.