Question x299 RTX 4090?

sepe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hello. I have Asus rog encore extreme x299 board and core i9 Extreme processor. My graphics card is damaged, the signal does not work. I am thinking of buying RTX 4090 if it is not compatible? Or problem? Can you inform me. Thank you.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Id say bit of an extreme graphics card for that system. But if you have a good enough psu, 1000w at least, and is of high quality and case is wide enough to prevent forceful bending from the supplied 16pin adapter connecting towards case panel side of the card then you can at least try and compare games tested on Techspot to whether you need to upgrade mobo/cpu or not. Im assuming you're a gamer so, next time express your usage.

sepe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Id say bit of an extreme graphics card for that system. But if you have a good enough psu, 1000w at least, and is of high quality and case is wide enough to prevent forceful bending from the supplied 16pin adapter connecting towards case panel side of the card then you can at least try and compare games tested on Techspot to whether you need to upgrade mobo/cpu or not. Im assuming you're a gamer so, next time express your usage.
Yes, I do have a Asus psu of 1000w. I'm not a gamer, I use it for editing porfessionals videos as job. Thank you!