X470 Taichi or Asus Prime

Fengzhu88

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Going to purchase a 2600x with a 1070 graphics card. Was curious as to which of these two motherboards you would recommend for overall performance. Mainly going to game.

Solution
Taichi is yes better quality . VRM's are way better made , I have an Asus Prime x470 Pro and Ryzen 7 2700x . I like this board overall , OCing features not the greatest and no LED Debug lighting whatsoever ..but it was my choice. I would get the Taichi over this board ..but I wanted both , so I chose this Asus 1st , later I will get the Taichi . Go for Taichi

Lumpus

Reputable
May 1, 2015
You can't go wrong with either of them. I have both on my NewEgg watchlist, waiting for a sale.
Taichi might be very slightly better engineered but costs more $. ASUS has better OC management software.

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018
Taichi is yes better quality . VRM's are way better made , I have an Asus Prime x470 Pro and Ryzen 7 2700x . I like this board overall , OCing features not the greatest and no LED Debug lighting whatsoever ..but it was my choice. I would get the Taichi over this board ..but I wanted both , so I chose this Asus 1st , later I will get the Taichi . Go for Taichi

Solution