[SOLVED] X570 AORUS Master Startup/BIOS 'glitch'

Feb 2, 2020
Yesterday, I assembled the list of components below:

Mobo: X570 AORUS MASTER AMD AM4 X570/rev 1.0, 4 DDR4 2-CH/PCI-Ex16/ATX USB3.1/2.5 GbE LAN/M.2 socket 3 TYPE-C/7.1-CH HD Audio, SN 194900003238
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X / Corsair H150i PRO
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2X2X8GB (4X8:32GB) 3200MHz
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700/REV 1.0, GV-R57Gaming OC-8GD, PCIe 4.0 x16/8GB GDDR6/256 bit
PSU: Corsair AX1000
Storage: V-NAND SSD SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe M.2, 1TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D.

Problem is when I power up the system and I get into the BIOS, the screen freezes after several key strokes by a USB connected keyboard or the screen rolls from one line to the next uncontrollably. I turn the power off/on and the anomaly repeats no matter which USB port I use or which keyboard I try. Recommendations, please. Also, FWIW, the Debug Port LED Code stops on 'A6' ("Detect/install all currently connected SCSI devices).

Solution
Just flashed the BIOS to version 11 (from factory installed ver5). Able to navigate the BIOS without difficulty now. Next step, install Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS. Oh the joys of setting up a new system - my first 'from scratch' build in 7 years.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you define what you mean by several keystrokes? If you're able to get into BIOS, without hitting any keys in BIOS, can you remain there indefinitely? You might want to also scope what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.

Since you're working with 2 kits, try and work with only one kit and see if the issue persists.

Feb 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you define what you mean by several keystrokes? If you're able to get into BIOS, without hitting any keys in BIOS, can you remain there indefinitely? You might want to also scope what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.

Since you're working with 2 kits, try and work with only one kit and see if the issue persists.
Thanks for the suggestions, Lutfij. When I power up the system, it enters the BIOS by default. I suppose I could remain in the BIOS 'indefinitely' without touching the keyboard, but I want to examine the BIOS settings by moving around the BIOS screen using the arrow keys until, eventually, the keyboard stops responding altogether or pressing a key results in uncontrollable scrolling from one line to the next. Sorry, but I don't understand the "2 kits" comment. I'm dealing with a new computer assembled from out-of-the-box components. Since I've not yet been able to even change the time in the BIOS, I'm not ready to try to install software. The BIOS indicates version 5 is installed. I'll update with latest BIOS version Gigabyte offers to see if that helps. Cheers.

Feb 2, 2020
Just flashed the BIOS to version 11 (from factory installed ver5). Able to navigate the BIOS without difficulty now. Next step, install Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS. Oh the joys of setting up a new system - my first 'from scratch' build in 7 years.

Solution