[SOLVED] X570 elite wifi

cactusgames14

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
So I got a x570 aorus elite wifi and a 5800x and will borrow a friends 2600x to update the bios, while reading some Reddit posts I saw people saying be careful when updating bios and don’t brick the board, what does that mean, is it easy to brick a board and will rma work on a bricked board?

Solution
Flashing bios isn't something you do just because there is an update, you only do it if you have to. Its not something you do on a whim, but if its done right it should be fine. It can break board if you put wrong bios on, or if it fails, but I believe most of the time it works okay.

you don't need to borrow CPU, you can flash that bios without a CPU in the board, just power. Its how I flashed it for my 3600XT.

There is a USB port on back of PC you use to flash bios without needing to boot up.

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port (White)
The USB 3.2 Gen 1 port supports the USB 3.2 Gen 1 specification and is compatible to the USB 2.0 specification. Use this port for USB devices. Before using Q-Flash Plus (Note 2), make sure to insert the USB flash...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Flashing bios isn't something you do just because there is an update, you only do it if you have to. Its not something you do on a whim, but if its done right it should be fine. It can break board if you put wrong bios on, or if it fails, but I believe most of the time it works okay.

you don't need to borrow CPU, you can flash that bios without a CPU in the board, just power. Its how I flashed it for my 3600XT.

There is a USB port on back of PC you use to flash bios without needing to boot up.

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port (White)
The USB 3.2 Gen 1 port supports the USB 3.2 Gen 1 specification and is compatible to the USB 2.0 specification. Use this port for USB devices. Before using Q-Flash Plus (Note 2), make sure to insert the USB flash drive into this port first.

Q-Flash Plus allows you to flash a working BIOs even your computer won't boot. It doesn’t even need a CPU or RAM to be installed!

The steps to utilizing Q-Flash Plus is very simple. Should your computer fail to boot, follow these steps.

Step 1: Prepare the USB drive
Download the latest BIOS version for your motherboard from the motherboard product page. Extract the downloaded BIOS file to the root of your flash drive. We need to rename the BIOS file so that Q-Flash Plus can find it. Rename the BIOS file to GIGABYTE.bin.

Step 2: Plug the USB drive into your computer
Now you need to plug the USB drive into the USB port that supports Q-Flash Plus. You will be able to find this in the manual of your motherboard.

Step 3: Flash the BIOS using Q-Flash Plus
Ensure that your power supply is connected to your motherboard and try and boot your computer. After about 20 seconds, Q-Flash Plus will notice that the computer is not booting correctly and will start the BIOS flashing process automatically.

You will see that the BIOS LED will start flashing on your motherboard which indicates that the BIOS flash is currently in progress. After a few minutes, the LED shall stop flashing which means that the BIOS flash has been completed.

see https://www.aorus.com/blog/How-to-Update-Your-BIOS-Part-2.php

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike
Solution

cactusgames14

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018

see https://www.aorus.com/blog/How-to-Update-Your-BIOS-Part-2.php
See that’s the thing using the non cpu way I feel like I’m a fook something up, but I’ll try