Question X570 PCH fan, same RPM but wildly different noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2019
ASUS TUF X570 Gaming plus with Wifi

All fans are pretty silent upon initial boot. CPU and Chassis fans at 400-600rpm. PCH fan at 1800rpm. I am "guessing" total dBa in the 20-30 range.

During load, the fans get pretty noisy. Peak PCH rpm at 2600-2800rpm-ish.

After session, CPU and chassis fans come back to 400-600rpm. PCH fan drops back to 1850-1900rpm. But noise is very concerning. I am guessing in the 45-50dBa range. My wife from the next room can hear it and she thinks my computer is broken. I know this is caused by the PCH fan because I can turn off my other chassis fans completely but the noise remains...Not the GPU fan either because GPU temp is at 39C. The noise doesnt stop unless I make the computer sleep or shut down.

Such a weird bug. This bug only occured after I removed 2 HDDs,tinkered with fan placement and GPU. Makes it sound like its my fault. But I cant for the life of me figure out what I could have done to cause this. Help?

(FYI, my GPU does rest partially on the PCH fan but that has always been the case for the past month, while this "bug" started yesterday)

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your full system's specs? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the version for the OS you're on. The BIOS version on your board and see if reinstalling your chipset drivers changes your experience.

Reactions: apuity
Sep 20, 2019
Mind sharing your full system's specs? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the version for the OS you're on. The BIOS version on your board and see if reinstalling your chipset drivers changes your experience.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x. Not OC yet. Latest chipset driver.

Motherboard: Asus Tuf x570 Gaming+Wifi. Flashed to latest 1902 version already from Sept 12.

Ram: Gskills 2x8GB 3600Mz
SSD/HDD: Sabrent 1TB PCI-E 4.0 NVME SSD. Recently removed a couple HDDs.

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8GB (3xFan version. Not OC yet)
PSU: Antec 80+Gold 750W
Chassis: Fractal Meshify C

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS