[SOLVED] X570 Taichi motherboard

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I am going with my X570 Taichi for my new build but I just have a few questions. I'm going to be running the 5800x and 3070 and I will be bringing my Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) over from my previous build.

I see the motherboard supports ram speeds up to 4666mhz, but I was thinking of overclocking this ram to 3600mhz. I've been reading into it but it seems like it's not just as easy as changing the frequency in the bios, a lot more goes into it to get stable at 3600. Does anyone know if my ram is capable of that overclock or do I need to look into another?

I know there's not much of a performance boost for gaming, which I primarily will be doing with this PC. If i can't figure it out ill probably just stick to 3200mhz.

Solution
I am going with my X570 Taichi for my new build but I just have a few questions. I'm going to be running the 5800x and 3070 and I will be bringing my Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) over from my previous build.

I see the motherboard supports ram speeds up to 4666mhz, but I was thinking of overclocking this ram to 3600mhz. I've been reading into it but it seems like it's not just as easy as changing the frequency in the bios, a lot more goes into it to get stable at 3600. Does anyone know if my ram is capable of that overclock or do I need to look into another?

I know there's not much of a performance boost for gaming, which I primarily will be doing with this...

I know there's not much of a performance boost for gaming, which I primarily will be doing with this PC. If i can't figure it out ill probably just stick to 3200mhz.
That RAM is known as good for overclocking but as you say it's not so straightforward, it has to be adjusted manually for all other frequencies. There are tools to help you with that: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/
and
Good luck.

Solution