Info X570/X470/X370/B550/B450/B350/A520/A320 Motherboards (AM4-socket for AMD Ryzen CPUs) Sortable Comparison Tables

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Just finished inserting the VRM Phases Diagram on the Power Section of the spreadsheet. These diagrams will complement the text-based data on the quantities of MOSFETs/Power Stages, Gate Drivers, and Phase Doublers (if any) used per motherboard model, and shows how the PWM Controller's signal flows to the CPU and SoC VCC phases, respectively.

Martin84a

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I have a small request for the sheet. Some of the motherboards don't have a VRM-temperature reader such as the ROG Strix B550-F, while the B550-E has a VRM-temperature reader. It would be very helpful if it was possible to omit the motherboards without one.

AlB80

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
  1. uP1961S is a dual driver with doubler. Thus it has real phases that should be marked as "X+X"
  2. Phases can not be doubled "via Parallel Power Stage Layout". It doubles power stages not phases.

Reactions: raisonjohn

plonk420

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
any particular reason the Asrock Rack boards aren't on here? not demanding anything or upset, just curious if there was a reason...

thanks for the spreadsheet, tho. freakin' loooove it!

Last edited:
Reactions: raisonjohn
Nov 24, 2020
Hello! Just regged so i could say thank you for this amazing list! And coupled with a question or so.

Earlier today i got a good deal for Asus strix b450-f gaming II. Due everything else was out of stock i initially wanted. But i liked the feature set on the board and connections.
I know the orginal F was considered bad, hence i hesitated abit.

i've now googled to try find review on this thing but there's none yet due it's only been out for 1 month or so.

But yea i ended up buying it due it was 110$ish and for what it offers it seems like it even beat the tomahawk max i initally was going to buy. (physically in the store)

Can't wait to test this out, i've been buying piece by piece items once money allows it. So for now it'll rock a 3400g so i'm not conserned about VRM for that.

However my question now lies in. Asus claims 8+4 phase vrms. On this tier list it says 4x2 / 2x2 but is this correct? wondering due it has 0 info about anything else "to be determined"
So i wonder if it's true 8+4 or if its doubled. Not that it matters to much i suppose.

I want to know what you/you guys think about this new VRM setup for this uppgraded board. Reason i wonder is eventually i'll be going with 5000 series once support comes for it. Or stick to previous gen top end with OC on it if possible.

You guys recon this can hold up new gen or atleast previous gen? Asus claims in a reddit post that it handles ryzen 9 no problems.

I've previously been watching pretty much every single review for b450/x470 boards, to determine best for me vs budget and so on and i'm just generally interested.
But this time i'm abit unsure due i gambled on this new released board. I'd love to see a review or more info about it. (Altho i've already bought it, will be assembled next month or the one after that depending...)

Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: plonk420
However my question now lies in. Asus claims 8+4 phase vrms. On this tier list it says 4x2 / 2x2 but is this correct? wondering due it has 0 info about anything else "to be determined"
So i wonder if it's true 8+4 or if its doubled. Not that it matters to much i suppose.

Hi, thanks for the message. The B450-F II is a recently-released board, thus, most information I had at the time of posting (October) were to be confirmed/determined. At that time, the initial (pre-release/marketing photos/info) may have included the same phasing scheme similar to that of the older B450-E (i.e., ASP1106/Richtek RT3667BE 6-phase PWM controller, no doublers, Richtek RT9611C single-phase drivers -- but with Vishay FETs).

I have now updated the above information based on actual product reviews (see here: https://www.profesionalreview.com/2020/11/11/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-ii-review/ ), included all other specs that were previously "to be determined".

As it turns out, the B450-F II employs a phasing scheme that uses dual-drivers WITH integrated doublers (uPI uP1961) that took the place of the single-phase RT9611C in the B450-E and the original B450-F. The PWM controller is now a uPI uP9505, similar to what Asus uses in their other "II" models (instead of the Richtek/ASP), and is located at the back of the B450-F II motherboard. The FETs employed are the same as that of the older boards -- ON Semi 4C10 and 4C06 (not Vishay).

Thus, the B450-F II does have [4+4] phases for the Vcore and [2+2] phases for the SoC -- as said in the Asus official website (8+4).

I can't comment on this board's actual performance versus the older models (as I don't test boards) -- maybe others can chime in. Though, as far as the difference in VCore VRM is concerned, the following may be surmised:

B450-F = 4 phases | 1H2L FETs per phase | 1 choke per phase
B450-E = 4 phases (faux 8, "doubling") | 2H2L FETs per phase (due to "doubling") | 2 chokes per phase (due to "doubling")
B450-F II = 8 phases (4+4) | 1H1L FETs per phase (due to dual-driver/doubler) | 1 choke per phase

Note that the B450-F II also features an additional heatsink/plate located at the back of the motherboard for most of the MOSFETs (in 6 of the 8 VCore phases).

any particular reason the Asrock Rack boards aren't on here? not demanding anything or upset, just curious if there was a reason...

thanks for the spreadsheet, tho. freakin' loooove it!
Thanks too! No particular reason though ... maybe time constraints (or unfamiliarity with the Rack line-up, probably). Will most likely include those soon as I have already the infos on hand.

Reactions: plonk420
Dec 19, 2020
Thank you for all your hard work on creating this spreadsheet and then continuing to keep it up to date. It's amazing for picking out the differences between different motherboards and picking the right one!

Dec 21, 2020
Hi RaisonJohn,

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for creating and maintaining this spreadsheet. It was an amazing resource for my system build this year. I only have one comment on something it's lacking: there is no column for Bluetooth support. I know at least a few of the boards listed support Bluetooth, and it would have been really nice to be able to filter on that feature. If you could add it, that would be amazing.

Thanks again!

Mar 1, 2021
Any news on another update?

I'm really curious about the ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-Pro, it seems like a really good deal but I'm curious/worried about how good a deal it looks like and how much better the memory OC is compared to the "Plus" model.

Here's a couple of reviews: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-pro

Zpxkma

Reputable
Jan 24, 2020
5Mt8nw0.png

RIP AM4 vrm spreadsheet. Why would google do this?

Why indeed would they do this? I can think of several reasons, including laying bare the false claims of some manufacturers in their advertised product marketing. Certainly many of those companies are in bed with Google and wouldn't like that. Reviews are one thing, and not easily consumed in a single bite like looking at products side by side on a spreadsheet is. Plus, it's kind of hard to eliminate reviews from sites that are owned by the site, whereas Google can do whatever the want when you are using their site or services. Just try to tell them they've name an entire section of street on their maps wrong, and see how far it gets you. They don't care. If THEY say it's West Blakeland, then it IS West Blakeland even if it's South Blakeland.

This is exactly what happens when an entity has too much power. Anybody who can't see Google or Meta quickly becoming the Umbrella corporation either has their head in the sand or is living in a cave.

It's a damn shame too, because the VRM spreadsheet was extremely valuable to the community at large.

Reactions: Rinshun
Jan 11, 2023
Huzzah(?). It was archived on archive.org, though it may be finicky to load. I managed to save a copy in Waterfox using File -> Save As -> Web Page (Complete), though lots of things are cut off on the right side (for me at least, loaded at 1920x1080), and if you try to reload you'll probably get kicked out for a while (too many requests error). It does not appear to be editable, so I can not resize any columns. If I zoom the window to 30% size while it's loading, the entire thing fills with more columns, which don't appear in the copy I saved, and it looks like there are even more cut off the right side.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020111...GRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit?usp=sharing

Maybe someone can manage to extract a full(er) version?

yourma2000

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Does someone happen to have a copy of original document? Google is being PoS in this case tbh.

This, I hope OP sees this and enables the option to download the spreadsheet so we can keep backups. There's a lot of incredibly detailed information in this chart that is very useful.

Feb 23, 2023
Reactions: Zpxkma
No, if you hover over his profile you can clearly see that it shows he's been around here as recently as this past October. I think it's just more of getting burned out on a project or community and needing to step away from it for a while.

Feb 23, 2023
October 2022

Ah I see that now under "Last Seen" when I hover on his name, but previously I was on his profile which doesn't show that. I also noticed before that he hasn't posted on his personal blog since 2020, hence my comment.

Darkbreeze was quick to an abrasive "clearly see" when I was merely giving a reason why the OP might not have linked a live version of the sheet, I'm grateful for all the work that was done on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.