x6800 vs pentium extreme edition 955

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Once when I was buying a laptop, some idiot at the computer shop was trying to convince me that the difference between a Core duo and a Core 2 duo is JUST the L2 cache.

I guy at office depot said a core 2 duo was 2 core duos on the same chip! 8O

rdguerrero

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
The service rep has informed me that he has started the EXchange process and i will be informed by e-mail of updates, but should take approximately 19 labor days for the system to arrive. I am standing by. Thanks for the support.

Iam_a_pc

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
WarpedSystems also uses AMD processors for more advanced users who know
to turn off background programs. Computer running single threads such as gamers can
and do out perform Intel based systems. For the gamer trying to squeeze out a few
extra FPS the AMD processors offer a shorter number of steps or a simpler architecture
so lower speed chips can actually be faster. AMD chips run much cooler with the
shorter architecture and slower speed saving are realized by the end user in electricity
and case cooling. Less cooling means less fans or smaller case less cost.

Iam_a_pc

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
WarpedSystems has used and continuous to use Intel processors, we believe
that in the real world people have dozens of applications running and Intel processor's
are superior for the majority of computer users. For example the typical computer user
not only has their music running but spy ware, anti-virus, camera, instant messaging,
email, Internet browsers and may be gaming simultaneously. For these users the Intel
platform is superior. Many users or unaware of the dozens of programs running in the
back ground in most computers.

Iam_a_pc

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
***Xtreme 4.1 - The first production "worlds fastest air cooled computer" was shipped
on March of 2005 the Xtreme 4.1 posted the highest score for a single core single card,
ever, on 3Dmark06 with a ATI X1900XT. This computer is air cooled and runs up 4.25
GHz. This computer was designed for extreme users needing top performance for
video editing and graphic design to gaming.

NotAPimecone

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
Ah, that explains it. It's like the website was all written before Core2.

But, is there a reason you copied and pasted random BS from the website?

Furious5k

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
Please ensure the transfer of $100,000 to my bank account in a timely manner. Here's my CC.. :lol:

But yeh, if at all possible, sue them for an appropriate amount. Clueless techies are infuriating even though I lack any advanced knowledge myself.

Here's to every Jack, Michael and Tom who have an accent from India!