x99 deluxe and xeon v4 Compatibility ? help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceduke

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
I have my eyes on Xeon Broadwell E5-2698 V4 beast chip
have X99 deluxe mainboard and use Kingston red color 32GB RAM (red colored)) because I cant remember the serials and all this stuff)

so what about compatibility ? of those 3 components

I contacted asus tech support half hour ago and guess what ? they can't say )) as always by the way ... they just don't give a S... their support team is real orks from lord of rings

yes a asrock x99 ws rerad his last post and see after he got the new bios for the V4 in it worked fine ??

'' Boot/Flash the BIOS with 3.x
Put back in the V4 processor (2640 in my case).
- Good to go now; no Code 19 any more

I assume good to go means all is now working fine ?

and now asus has that new bios for your board maybe just the same ? flash to that bios and get V4 support on your chip as well ??

peaceduke

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014

I dont know maybe it will work maybe not but unless I see the V4 xeon working on X99 MB I cant buy 1500$ CPU ))) there is no returns for my country

BostonPhilosophe

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Rogue, have you been trolling these poor people this entire time? You've conveniently omitted the "-3" every time you've listed the socket type: FCLGA2011-3 <-This is straight from the Intel site.

This is the enterprise name for the LGA2011v3 socket (to avoid confusing the consumer market), and should work when paired with a compatible C61X/X99 chipset. The X99 chipset is a scaled down/tweaked for the consumer market version of the C61X, which powers Xeon server systems. You can read through the applications whitepaper if you are worried about some feature not being available on the smaller silicon.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/x99-chipset-pch-spec-update.html

The E5-XXXXv4 is meant to be a field serviceable upgrade for the E5-XXXXv3 family, and maintains pin compatibility and chipset support.
This being said, your motherboard manufacturer may have changed something about the way they use the chipset which would impair operability (left out a trace, etc). Also, consumer board manufacturers will rarely claim compatibility with Xeon chips, and you'll more often than not just have to buy a sample and try it. 95% of the time, I see it work all the time ;-P

Good luck and let me know how it goes. I love my Xeon E5-2690, and have been looking at the v4's for a micro ATX build with AMD's new Polaris cards.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Trolling? Quite the accusation to make in an old thread. What in the world would be my motivation for trolling there is literally no benefit to me? At the time of the thread it said LGA2011 only on ark.intel.com . It seems to have since been changed. Also if you read the article I linked there was/ are differences that Intel had put in place to prevent Xeons from working on X99 consumer boards. They have done similar things with Skylake. It seems they have changed, but when you drag out a thread thats 2 months old and then accuse someone of trolling you better know what you are talking about.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
This thread has run its course and is now closed.

For the record ES processors are not supported on this site. They are property of Intel and should not be purchased, traded, or sold. Future discussion will be closed upon the same site policy that we do not discuss piracy or other illegal activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.