Xbox 360 Tops U.S. Game Hardware Market in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yeah I don't know what the big deal is about Toms Hardware repeatedly stateing about all these
irrelevant console sales. All three Companys includding Sony are sitting just fine, and these are all
out dated consoles anyway. ( Big Deal ). As for the Wii U, it's nothing at all to get excited about, it's
processing power is less than that of a 7 year old Xbox360 so Bla Bla Bla. The Big story about Consoles will be next Holiday season when the real Next Gen. Consoles arrive.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Gee thats sad... in US only...[/citation]

Yes, in the biggest market for consoles, how sad....

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]I want to know which platform (consoles, PC, mobile devices..) sold highest amount of games $$$ and units.[/citation]
I'm going to guess a console will still win, only because game devs whine out of their butts about how PC gaming is so hackable which is their excuse to not make a PC port.

That might just be the sad truth. We all know damn well that we could build a PC today that will outdo probably the next generation of consoles, well, certainly the Wii U, but that's not all that difficult.

G

Just means to me that there are alot of 12-17 yr olds out there with really outdated hardware by the tv. Even the so called next gen consoles are already outdated by my current PC specs.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Considering how hi their failure rate is I'm not surprised. Sure someone is going to buy another Crapbox when theirs dies because of all the money they have tied up in the games. Everyone I ever talk to that games on the Crapbox has bought at least several over the years to replace a broken one. I'm sure all the MS fanboys on Tom's will mark me down so go ahead but the truth is still the truth.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Not surprising. Kinect is popular and xbox has a reputation for being the best for first person shooter games. If MS doesn't pull a bone-headed stunt like they did with windows 8, they should own the console market in 2 years.

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]I fail to see what other people still see in this thing. Must be the marketing.[/citation]
with good programmers, the things still has life, have you seen halo 4?

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Just means to me that there are alot of 12-17 yr olds out there with really outdated hardware by the tv. Even the so called next gen consoles are already outdated by my current PC specs.[/citation]We need to change your name to Trolldier. At least come up with some new material.[citation][nom]kellybean[/nom]Everyone I ever talk to that games on the Crapbox has bought at least several over the years to replace a broken one. I'm sure all the MS fanboys on Tom's will mark me down so go ahead but the truth is still the truth.[/citation]Bull. If they're BUYING replacements, they're stupid. They extended the warranty for common failures to 3 years. Not to mention reliability improved with every chip revision. The current unit is very solid, but even the late-model chunky units were good, especially Jasper. Heck even old Xenon models that were repaired with Opus board starting sometime in 2008 are pretty good, although they still lack HDMI (VGA is fine though if your TV supports it).

[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]Not surprising. Kinect is popular and xbox has a reputation for being the best for first person shooter games. If MS doesn't pull a bone-headed stunt like they did with windows 8, they should own the console market in 2 years.[/citation]

I've got a PS3 and seriously thought about getting a 360 just for the new Forza because I'm GT5 is getting a little long in the tooth. However, I play shooters on a powerful PC, so I couldn't justify it. There are several PS3-only titles I still enjoy however (the Uncharted and Infamous series, Little Big Planet, and the Motorstorm series).

I'm on my second PS3 as my original fat boy died after three years (a common occurrence with a failed BD reader). If my current one, now two years old (slim variant) dies as well as happened to two of my friends on their second units, I will not be purchasing a third one and I'll have serious reservations about buying the PS4.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Just means to me that there are alot of 12-17 yr olds out there with really outdated hardware by the tv. Even the so called next gen consoles are already outdated by my current PC specs. -

There are Millions of Adults out there that won't buy PC's for gameing because they don't want to have to upgrade their Graphics card every three years and they also don't want to have to spend an Hour setting up every new game they buy to play right on their computer. And last but not least there are millions of Adults that don't want to sit in an uncomfotable or half comfortable PC chair and prefer to sit on a comfortable recliner or cozy Couch. many reasons why PC gameing is alway's on the edge of going completely away.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Just means to me that there are alot of 12-17 yr olds out there [/citation]

Yes that does seem to be the demographic of Toms Hardware lately.

As for the Xbox, it's had a great run but it's time for it to die. Even if they have managed some graphical miracles on this ancient hardware, load times are annoyingly long and the frame rates are barely chugging along with modern 360 titles. And for the fanboys out there, don't expect the next gen Xbox to be earth-shattering hardware specs because it wont be.

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
The thing is is that you dont need earth shattering specs for a dedicated gaming box, thats why the Xbox 360 can still pump out Halo 4 after 6 years, yeah it isnt up to current PC specs and graphics capabilities but its fantastic for a console and does look great on my 1080p Plasma and I'm fine with that, I dont need ridiculous resolutions and super mega ultra detail with 20x Anti-Aliasing and I'm not the only one obviously, if the games are good people will play them and not care about all the intricacies and a console makes that work without any effort really. I also have a gaming PC and a PS3 on top of my Xbox 360 so I game every where and I'm tired of idiots complaining about one being better than another, gaming is gaming so enjoy it and shut up :)

960k was for the entire lineup of Nintendo products, which honestly is pretty sad when ONE console from Microsoft is beating 4 products from Nintendo, the WiiU I dont think is as big of a hit as Nintendo thought, hearing many people finding regular and deluxe models at many places right before Christmas is pretty sad for a new Console from Nintendo and then you have Microsoft still selling that many consoles in one month 6 years later AND beating out 4 products of Nintendo's put together? I say thats pretty darn impressive

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Strike that last paragraph about numbers, read that wrong, 1.26 million 360s and 810,000 Nintendo consoles, but still only being down 500,000 consoles compared to Nintendo's entire line up is still pretty impressive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS