Xbox Adapter for PC?

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
My router is broken in my room so i cant use ethernet anymore and my internet provider doesnt know what to do apparently so I am wondering if I can use my old xbox adapter for my computer to get wifi on my computer. I don't know if thats how it works or not and how to set it up but I plugged it in and its just beeping green. and nothing is showing up on my computer.

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
so if i buy a new router and just plug it into the wall like the one I have now everything will be working just connect my old ethernet cord to the new router and plug it into my pc and I will have internet or do I need to call someone to hook it up
/?

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
How can I tell if its a cord or the router. I have tested the ethernet cable and its not that but i dont know how to test the power cable but it shouldnt be that because it displays a red light when I turn it on so it has to be the router right? When I buy a new one will it work by just plugging it into the wall and then into my computer and it will work?

you can test the power cable with a multometer, but that thing never breaks, unless you snap it. same for the internet cable. I would try replacing the router yes, its plug and play. password of the wifi will be located as always under the router