Xbox One Already Up for Pre-order in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Honestly it looks ugly and not innovative enough to intrigue me. The last gen had more flash to them, more design. They honestly took too long to come out, and quite frankly i'm hoping these tank as well just like the Wii U.

cheesyboy

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
If I buy one, and I probably won't this time, it will be the PS4. Went Xbox last gen, but Sony look to have got it right for th enew batch. And I really, REALLY, don't want a Kinect.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Well, old kinewhatever had CPU like unit to my knowledge (since main CPU couldn't handle it), however with AMD's 8 core APU they should not needed, so addon must be much cheaper now.

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
I bet it's an FX style 8 core on steroids. "2 physical cores, each with 2 logical cores, that in turn each have 2 more logical cores"
- What kind of GPU is in it?
- Is it really running 3 Operating Systems for Gaming, Media, and Kinect? How much of the RAM is taken up by the OS and bull$#!t background processes?
- Is Kinect hard wired into the XB1 or does it plug in via a USB like the first Kinect? Can I use the system without a Kinect Device plugged in?
- Another article on Tom's mentions something about "additional fee for each account added to a game"; does that mean if I buy Halo 5, it will be $60, then another fee for each of my 3 kids who will want to play it on their gamer profiles?
- Is XBL going to be free, or at least discounted? Are all these "neat" features included if there is still going to be XBL Gold, or do I have to pay extra for TV streaming and such?
- What channels will be streaming? can I pause/rewind/record etc?
Damn you M$, you raise more questions, and until they are answered I have no plans of buying a device which appears to be 359 steps back... >.<

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
It's not a Bulldozer/Piledriver or any FX, it's almost certainly Jaguar, just like the PS4. The GPU is likely of the same family too, but the sources that guessed all the other specs correctly also said 12 vs 18 compute units for the One vs 4. The 4 also uses GDDR5, while the One uses DDR3 plus a small fast eSRAM pool (32MB).

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Unless the price for the xbox1 is higher than the PS4, the APU will have to be less powerful than what the PS4 has since they have to account for the kinect hardware otherwise Microsoft will have to lose a lot more money selling consoles if the price is the same. I'm hopeful that all three consoles are successful in order that AMD which provides all the gpu will stay viable to compete against Nvidia and Intel.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
ehhhh why no ddr5, microsoft? guess i'm goin ps4. why the hell wouldn't they use ddr5?! does this mean the games coming out for the next 8 years that are ported to PC won't utilize ddr5? well at least our 8 cores will finally be used.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Huh? The APU will be starved for bandwidth, and the Jaguar cores aren't no Piledrivers.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013

they'll be designing games that will utilize more than 2-3 cores, so this is great for PC gamers, but the low bandwidth of video is no laughing matter. they made a very large difference between themselves and ps4. when ps4 utzlies the ddr5, you'll notice the difference. then i'll be LOLing YOU! Muhahahahahaha.... MuhhhaaHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *vanishes in a puff of smoke*

Status
Not open for further replies.