Xbox One Can Now Stream At 1080p, 60fps On Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
yea, but there aren't any games that run at 1080p @ 60 FPS on the Xbone lmao. well, maybe that remake of an old xbox game. what was it called? angels 2 or something?

blendedradius

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
If they want to impress me,make it so my pc video card runs the games,then maybe I can play forza 5 on my 4k tv without jaggies. They lied when they said it would look good on 4k tv,looked better on my old tv but that burned in my house fire, got a uhd Samsung to replace it and now forza 5 looks like dogshit,to the point I don't want to play it

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
What's next?

You can control your washing machine if you have it hooked up to your Xbox via your android via your PC.
IT'S SO EZ!

I don't understand the point.

The point is to make it easier for hackers, Skynet. or Cylons to disable life support systems and other important infrastructures via an unencrypted Internet of Things toilet. .

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
What's next?

You can control your washing machine if you have it hooked up to your Xbox via your android via your PC.
IT'S SO EZ!

The point is to make it easier for hackers, Skynet. or Cylons to disable life support systems and other important infrastructures via an unencrypted Internet of Things toilet. .
No way I am going to connect my life support without firewall

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
What's next?

IT'S SO EZ!

No way I am going to connect my life support without firewall

No need for a firewall if you don't network it, which is the coutner-point to IoT.

DasBoot

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
If they want to impress me,make it so my pc video card runs the games,then maybe I can play forza 5 on my 4k tv without jaggies. They lied when they said it would look good on 4k tv,looked better on my old tv but that burned in my house fire, got a uhd Samsung to replace it and now forza 5 looks like dogshit,to the point I don't want to play it

Who "lied" to you?
There isn't any console with native 4k out so all the set can do is upconvert 1080p to 4K.
That isn't a "problem" with the xone (or PS4 for that matter) it is a problem with you ont understanding input format vs output format.

xenogen

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
That would be awesome if Microsoft could continue to integrate both platforms. How awesome would it be to integrate not only at a software but hardware consolidation...to an PC and vice versa. Use each other's performance for synergy. Like a Xbox for Direct X like how nvidia uses phsyx or something like that.

blendedradius

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
My understanding of imput output is that the game looks like shit,and that i wish my gtx980 ti could do the work,not the xbox. Turn 10 should have done some aa to it,them I wouldn't get smug my shit don't stink answers. They showed the game a the debut running on a pc with 2 gtx titans,so both xbox and turn 10 lied. dbag

Condemned1990

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
yea, but there aren't any games that run at 1080p @ 60 FPS on the Xbone lmao. well, maybe that remake of an old xbox game. what was it called? angels 2 or something?

Either you're incredibly ignorant or being an ass. Try doing some simple research or actually play more Xbox games to realize that some do perform 1080/60.

Either you're incredibly ignorant or being an ass. Try doing some simple research or actually play more Xbox games to realize that some do perform 1080/60.
No its pretty accurate, most xbox games are 30fps and 720p or 900p and then upscaled to 1080. Very few games ares 60fps native 1080p.

alextheblue

Distinguished

The XB1 can internally scale to and output 1080p and it looks perfect. You proved that with your old 1080p TV. A GOOD 4K set can upscale 1080p -> 4K just fine. Double check your settings on your TV, check Samsung forums or something. If you can't fix it... it's your TV's fault and your Samsung can't upscale worth a damn. And no, I don't care how much you paid for it, if it has a crap scaler it has a crap scaler.

FPS games on the consoles are always 60FPS, such as Call of Duty.

not at 1080p though.
heres a list of games, notice how the xbone is almost always less than 1080p, the ps4 has better hardware so mostly 1080p.
http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

OneFai

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
I like the option but it is not stable enough yet. Mine crashed a couple of times. It is just painful to see downgraded graphics on my monitor knowing my PC can do it better.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015

neither, im being honest. maybe youre the one who should be doing research? a simple search will show you that the xbone does very few games in 1080p @ 60fps. you even state that SOME do 1080/60. IMO, thats unacceptable for "next gen" hardware: they should all be doing a minimum of 1080/60. every game i play on my pc does AT LEAST 45+fps at 2k. i had to pay a little more, but well worth it.

damn, even IGN knows whats up, and those guys are a bunch of tards. and this was just the first link! http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Rhostam

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
What's next?

IT'S SO EZ!

Hi Mamasan,

One scenario where a person may want to stream games from XBO to their PC, Tablet, Phone is where the XBO sits in shared space and that space/TV is in use by dad, or its late at night and you want to sneak a game session without waking the parents. That is old school stuff since it seems every kid has an XBO/PS4 + TV in their own rooms these days. Still, for those that don't, they can then play their games in the privacy of their room without competing for share space/ TV time. As for streaming the other direction PC > XBO, the situation is slightly different, possibly. Imagine playing WoW, Guild Wars2, whatever you play, on your 65" TV in the living room with a XBO connected keyboard and mouse?

This XBO + Windows 10 integration is part of the "One" vision whose centerpiece selling point is OPTIONS. Do what you want where you want when you want.

Will it play out that way or that well? We'll see. But these are examples.

Condemned1990

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

You said there aren't ANY, which is empirically false. You can't be a little bit right or a little bit wrong, you're either one or the other and you're absolutely wrong. Changing your claim from "aren't any" to "some" now won't help your case. Nice try.

Condemned1990

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

No, his claim is not accurate at all. He said "there aren't any" and then mentioned one that doesn't exist.

I think it was more a general exaggerated statement. The point trying to be made, that the xbone is not a very capable machine compared to the other options, and it was a dig at the fact that there aren't many games that it can run at 1080p 60fps. I think it would be good the other way round, if you could stream pc games to xbox so you could play them on your tv easily using xbox controller.

Good idea, but I think most console gamers don't PC game (me an exception). People who PC game probably will not use a console and stream to it, but people who have a console will probably want to stream to their laptop etc.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015

easy there, kiddo. im just giving the console peasants a hard time, because this is a pc web site, ya know. i even mentioned a game in that same post (Halo 2 from the MCC) which runs at 1080/60 lol. im sorry that you don't have any experience with grammatical mechanisms such as sarcasm and exaggeration, but someday, when you grow up, you'll understand

Status
Not open for further replies.