Xbox One controller drivers for Windows XP SP3?

DoctorHerobrine

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
I bought Sonic Riders and Sonic 3D Blast for Windows but they had compatibility issues on Windows 7 so I dual booted Windows XP with Windows 7 so I can play the games. The games work fine but I would like to use a controller with the game, preferably an Xbox One controller. I have looked all online to find some Xbox One controller drivers for Windows XP SP3 and I can't find any.

I'll leave an image of what it says in device manager.

http://imgur.com/TbpqIZ8

Hopefully I won't have to go out and buy some old Microsoft controller or something. :p

EDIT 1: Also I have no idea how to get images to appear in posts so I'll have to provide a link to the image instead
EDIT 2: I don't have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, that was a theme I installed

Solution
There's no driver for the Xbone controller for Windows XP, Microsoft dropped support for that OS almost 2 years ago, so none of their newer peripherals are likely to work if they need anything more than a generic driver. You're probably going to need to look for another gamepad for your legacy games if you can't find a workaround to get them to work properly under Windows 7.

DoctorHerobrine

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

Sonic Riders will not start up on Windows 7 at all, Sonic 3D Blast does but there is graphics issues and there is no audio. Thats why I dual booted Windows 7 and Windows XP

Jmelahman

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

Boot up Windows 7, try right clicking the .exe file for each game, click on properties, navigate to compatibility, under compatibility mode, select windows xp and see if that works. If not, you could try the compatibility troubleshooter right above that.

DoctorHerobrine

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

I have tried that already, I've even tried running the game as an administrator and even straight off the disc. Besides, this isn't what the post is about, Windows XP is fine for the old games that I have but I just need a way to get the Xbox One controller working with Windows XP SP3.

There's no driver for the Xbone controller for Windows XP, Microsoft dropped support for that OS almost 2 years ago, so none of their newer peripherals are likely to work if they need anything more than a generic driver. You're probably going to need to look for another gamepad for your legacy games if you can't find a workaround to get them to work properly under Windows 7.

Solution