Question Xbox One External Hard drive

Sep 15, 2018
I have a 3TB external western digital passport I use to store video files on. All of a sudden when I try to add new media by plugging it into my PC, the Xbox won't read the new files, I have formatted the drive with my PC and moved everything over again to the external drive, then my Xbox detects and works perfectly with the new media, however, if I unplug the external drive from the Xbox and plug it back into my PC to add more media files, after plugging it back into the Xbox the new media is not there again, only the original media is playable. Is my drive going bad ?

popatim

Titan
Is that still an issue? That was known about a year ago that the media library wasn't updating properly.
As a work-around, You can use file explorer to navigate to the file you want and it will play but the media library still won't update afterwards.

Sep 15, 2018
Is that still an issue? That was known about a year ago that the media library wasn't updating properly.
As a work-around, You can use file explorer to navigate to the file you want and it will play but the media library still won't update afterwards.

File explorer will not work, I formated the external drive again, and reloaded everything, but forgot a folder, I added the folder and it shows up when its plugged into the xbox, its empty however even using file explorer.