Xbox One Wireless Adapter Now Supports Windows 7, 8.1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Now if it were only backwards compatible with the Xbox360 controllers... That would make this adapter an instant buy for me.

I have not used the XboxOne controller yet but I haven't seen a compelling reason to upgrade quite yet.

This... I already have 2 xbox360 controllers with that awful looking wireless adapter thingy. I have tried the xbox one controller and I relly like it. The analog sticks feel smoother and the d-pad is way better. For someone that plays games with the d-pad from time to time (fighters or retro games), the xbox360 d-pad is almost unusable. The only thing keeping me from buying a xbone controller is the fact that I will have to have its wireless dongle along with the other from the 360. How hard was it really to add compatibility with the 360? Do they use a completely different signal protocol/encoding/frequency? That seems the only legit reason to me. Other than that, you are simply transmitting button pushes and both controllers work with Xinput.

Status
Not open for further replies.