xbox recall

So from what i have read xbox is giving you a cord. But your
old unit is still broke? The cord only trips a circuit. Xbox
supposedly fixed the problem in new units. Mine was made in
aug of 2002. The sent me a huge replacement cord. Its
freaking big....and only stops the power doesnt fix the
problem.. Im gonna contact xbox and see what the deal is? I
doubt they will contact me..

I love this unit. but if it burns down my house i will own
xbox.. ha ha

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"lpage" <lpage@mail.ev1.net> wrote in message news:422570a8.350.41@news2...
> So from what i have read xbox is giving you a cord. But your
> old unit is still broke? The cord only trips a circuit. Xbox
> supposedly fixed the problem in new units. Mine was made in
> aug of 2002. The sent me a huge replacement cord. Its
> freaking big....and only stops the power doesnt fix the
> problem.. Im gonna contact xbox and see what the deal is? I
> doubt they will contact me..
>
> I love this unit. but if it burns down my house i will own
> xbox.. ha ha

It doesn't require 3 posts though does it?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"lpage" <lpage@mail.ev1.net> wrote in message news:422570a8.350.41@news2...
> So from what i have read xbox is giving you a cord. But your
> old unit is still broke? The cord only trips a circuit. Xbox
> supposedly fixed the problem in new units. Mine was made in
> aug of 2002. The sent me a huge replacement cord. Its
> freaking big....and only stops the power doesnt fix the
> problem.. Im gonna contact xbox and see what the deal is? I
> doubt they will contact me..
>
> I love this unit. but if it burns down my house i will own
> xbox.. ha ha

The problem was the small risk of fire. The breaker eliminates that risk
therefore the problem is fixed.

"lpage" <lpage@mail.ev1.net> wrote in message news:422570a8.350.41@news2...
> So from what i have read xbox is giving you a cord. But your
> old unit is still broke? The cord only trips a circuit. Xbox
> supposedly fixed the problem in new units. Mine was made in
> aug of 2002. The sent me a huge replacement cord. Its
> freaking big....and only stops the power doesnt fix the
> problem.. Im gonna contact xbox and see what the deal is? I
> doubt they will contact me..
>
> I love this unit. but if it burns down my house i will own
> xbox.. ha ha

dude, stop making new topics everytime you make a post on the same freaking
topic.

"lpage" <lpage@mail.ev1.net> wrote in message news:422570a8.350.41@news2...

> I love this unit. but if it burns down my house i will own
> xbox.. ha ha

How can you own "Xbox"? You can own "an Xbox" but not "Xbox".

Something like 1 in 10,000 xboxes could burn up, it's pretty small.
Instead of M$ replacing millions of $30 power supplies, a $5 cord will
do. And if your pwer supply happens die anyway, M$ will -usually-
replace it.

He won't "own xbox" because he knew about the recall, M$ offered him a
new cord, but refused it.

jason.mangiafico@verizon.net wrote:
> Something like 1 in 10,000 xboxes could burn up, it's pretty small.
> Instead of M$ replacing millions of $30 power supplies, a $5 cord will
> do. And if your pwer supply happens die anyway, M$ will -usually-
> replace it.

So if my Xbox burns down my house becuase Microsoft didn't want to fix the
problem, they'll replace my house and all my stuff as well, right?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> jason.mangiafico@verizon.net wrote:
>> Something like 1 in 10,000 xboxes could burn up, it's pretty small.
>> Instead of M$ replacing millions of $30 power supplies, a $5 cord will
>> do. And if your pwer supply happens die anyway, M$ will -usually-
>> replace it.
>
> So if my Xbox burns down my house becuase Microsoft didn't want to fix the
> problem, they'll replace my house and all my stuff as well, right?

No that is down to your household insurance ;-)

TRENDING THREADS