Question Xerox WC 7335 does not print duplex and multiple prints in windows 10

titus1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2014
Hi!
My client has Xerox WC 7335 printer. earlier they had windows 7 on all the computers. They migrated to windows 10, installed the drivers and every thing was fine.
About a month or so back they started getting banner prints on the printer even though banner printing was disabled in the driver as well as on the printer. They updated to the latest driver and disabled the banner print. Then they started getting duplex printing issue. Some days it would print in duplex and some days it wouldn't. But now the problem is permanent.
It wont print duplex and multiple prints. What could be the issue ? Are there some changes to be done in windows services?

Ralston18

Titan
Did they install the applicable Windows 10 drivers for the Xerox WC7335?

Manually download drivers via Xerox's website and then reinstall and reconfigure? (No third party installers or tools.)

I found this Xerox website source:

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us...-7346/downloads?platform=win10x64&language=en

Do the various printing problems occur for all computers?

Try printing out the printer configuration pages to confirm configuration settings and overall printer status.

How is the printer connected: Shared via one computer or networked (wired or wireless)?

Take a look in Update History, Reliability History, and Event Viewer for any problems that began appearing "about a month ago".

Also check all computers for some application or utility being launched and running in the background. Maybe someone is doing personal things (banners, duplex printing) on the side and what ever app (if any) being used is causing the problem.

Could be a clue therein.

Printer Manual

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

Starting on physically number Page 141 is a section on XSA (Xerox Standard Accounting).

There are many options available but what may be key is this:

"When enabled, Xerox Standard Accounting (XSA) tracks the numbers of Copy, Print, Network Scanning, E-mail, Server Fax, Internet Fax and Embedded Fax jobs (when these features are installed on the machine), for each user. Usage limits can also be applied to users to restrict the total numbers of copy, print, fax and scan jobs that a user can perform. Administrators can print a report which contains all XSA data. "

Page 147 discusses the Audit Log. Certainly worth a look there.

Consider that something/someone else has access to or is otherwise causing printer configuration changes. May be accidental, innocent, or otherwise.

titus1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2014
Did they install the applicable Windows 10 drivers for the Xerox WC7335?

Manually download drivers via Xerox's website and then reinstall and reconfigure? (No third party installers or tools.)

I found this Xerox website source:

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us...-7346/downloads?platform=win10x64&language=en

Do the various printing problems occur for all computers?

Try printing out the printer configuration pages to confirm configuration settings and overall printer status.

How is the printer connected: Shared via one computer or networked (wired or wireless)?

Take a look in Update History, Reliability History, and Event Viewer for any problems that began appearing "about a month ago".

Also check all computers for some application or utility being launched and running in the background. Maybe someone is doing personal things (banners, duplex printing) on the side and what ever app (if any) being used is causing the problem.

Could be a clue therein.

Printer Manual

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

Starting on physically number Page 141 is a section on XSA (Xerox Standard Accounting).

There are many options available but what may be key is this:

"When enabled, Xerox Standard Accounting (XSA) tracks the numbers of Copy, Print, Network Scanning, E-mail, Server Fax, Internet Fax and Embedded Fax jobs (when these features are installed on the machine), for each user. Usage limits can also be applied to users to restrict the total numbers of copy, print, fax and scan jobs that a user can perform. Administrators can print a report which contains all XSA data. "

Page 147 discusses the Audit Log. Certainly worth a look there.

Consider that something/someone else has access to or is otherwise causing printer configuration changes. May be accidental, innocent, or otherwise.

Yes the problem is on all the computers It is connected in lan. As I have stated earlier when they migrated to windows 10 every thing was working fine until they started getting banner prints, and to resolve this they updated to the new driver and then too the problem started gradually nd now it is permanent on all the computers.
accounting feature is not activated on any pc, they just print and scan to folder on the machine.

Ralston18

Titan
When printing initially worked that is a strong indication that, for example, the drivers were correctly installed and configured. So what changed is the question.

If the printer is factory reset, do the problems end, end but return, or just simply continue.

Enable XSA so you can observe what is being done and who is doing it via the printer.

And work with two or three of those users who "just print and scan to folder on the machine". By machine you mean the printer - correct? Or do you mean the user's machine/computer?

Take a close look at those user's computers: what all is being launched at startup or otherwise found running in the background? What scanning software is being used? What applications are generating the print jobs?

The problem could be some user error of commission or omission. It could also be some software configuration that causes a scanned document to be interpreted as being a banner or duplex (double sided) paged document. Are you familiar with PCL (Printer Control Language)? Just a general question for the time being.....

Determine what documents actually print out as expected.

Compare those documents to documents that fail to print as expected and produce as banners or duplex when they should not be. [Note: many printers have the option, to save paper, that allows end users to print single sided documents as double-sided.]

What are the differences, of any sort, between documents that properly print and those documents that cause the printer to go into "banner mode" or "duplex mode".

Somehow, I believe, the Xerox is receiving commands that appear as PCL commands causing the printer to respond with banner prints and/or duplex printing.

Key is to discover the origin of those commands.

titus1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2014
They are printing pdf files, word or excel sheets. Scan to pc is using smb protocol. Did not try the factory reset as a lot of fine settings are involved. Even if i reboot the pc and when no other application is running, printing a pdf document in duplex it prints two page on two sheets and multi print gives only one print. I am visiting again today and shall investigate further and post it.

TRENDING THREADS