Question Xferred to new case, no boot

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
My system was working fine. I transferred the components plus some fans to a new case. DOA. I've done most of the stuff in the "no post, etc" thread. How do I tell if the power plug in the F panel is working or not?

New case is DIYPC Spyker-BK-ARBG. The arbg hub already had the exhaust fan and front arbg led strip plugged in, so I left it alone. (Fan cords are a nightmare btw.)

My system was working fine. I transferred the components plus some fans to a new case. DOA. I've done most of the stuff in the "no post, etc" thread. How do I tell if the power plug in the F panel is working or not?

New case is DIYPC Spyker-BK-ARBG. The arbg hub already had the exhaust fan and front arbg led strip plugged in, so I left it alone. (Fan cords are a nightmare btw.)
Obviously bad "Xfer" .To check if power button doesn't work, just short the posts it connects to on the F_panel headers.

Dumb question:
Did you plug the psu back into the wall after the move?
Is the psu switch on?

Check that your psu cable connections to the motherboard are secure and latched.
If modular, verify that the psu ends of cables are secure.

Double check that you have identified the proper pins for power on.
The motherboard manual will tell you.
Orient the front panel box by noting the position of the empty space.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Yep, I looked up exact instructions with bullet points. I have to say, I was halfway expecting a fire but nothing happened. I'm taking it apart right now to put back in old case. Which I can't use permanently because it has holes.

This is the third or fourth item on this build from newegg that's been doa. The first was the motherboard. It could be my newbieness but has their rep gone down? Where do people shop now? Best Buy is stupid pricey on some things or they don't carry stuff.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
It's not working now. QQ

It has a double heatsink that I found myself pushing down with my arm alot. Also last night the cpu cords weren't aligned right on the mobo, I caught that. Maybe that caused a short?

What are my options, to remove the heatsinks, check out the cpu, and then take it in to a shop?

Oh yeah I used all the relevant standoffs.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I took the heatsinks off and checked the motherboard and CPU. I can't see anything wrong but I'm not sure what it's all supposed to look like either. I put it all back together and still no sign of life. I requested an RMA from Gigabyte, should I do the CPU too? How can you tell which one is screwed up?