May 17, 2020
XFX RX 580 8 GB max at 85 degrees Celsius and Core i7 2600 max 80 degree Celsius while playing Read Dead Redemption 2 is this normal or too hot?

I have Thermaltake pure power 500 PSU and intel Q67 Motherboard I hope that won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Solution
If you cant fix the temperature and have problem with thermal and your fan isn't strong enough to get airflow from intake.

Old School Method.

Open Side Panel and Aim your Electric Fan on it...Sample pic
UGbVGl2.png

But the method I used back then was portable ac it blow really cold air.

there an portable ac cooler. that actually works. You put cold water in there and few ice. Dont worry water will not go to your computer. there a filter that block moisture, so only cold air come out from it. It will drop your computer temperature Degree. I used this method couple years ago when I had GTS 450 fan stop working I used it as the my gpu cooling and it did cool my entire pc.. Only downside that...
May 17, 2020
That does seem a bit hot. Is this with just Red Dead Redemption 2? What kind of temperatures do you normally see in other games? Are all your case fan(s) working properly?
I have removed the side panel and installed 2 fans one at front and one at back but it didnt effect the temps

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
If you cant fix the temperature and have problem with thermal and your fan isn't strong enough to get airflow from intake.

Old School Method.

Open Side Panel and Aim your Electric Fan on it...Sample pic
UGbVGl2.png

But the method I used back then was portable ac it blow really cold air.

there an portable ac cooler. that actually works. You put cold water in there and few ice. Dont worry water will not go to your computer. there a filter that block moisture, so only cold air come out from it. It will drop your computer temperature Degree. I used this method couple years ago when I had GTS 450 fan stop working I used it as the my gpu cooling and it did cool my entire pc.. Only downside that you have to replace water/ice everyday..

Solution