XFX's Prototype AIX Chassis to Ship in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I haven't seen a case like this in a while, it lacks the usual mesh grill that most cases now-a-days have. Hopefully it will have enough cooling to please the masses.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I want to see just two fans, large ones ducting air from the bottom through a filter and out the top through "air ports" (lol) on the sides. I want a flat top, handles on the sides, etc. I think this case just might be doing exactly that.

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
They look sci-fi-ish. Now only if we had some kind of functioning quantum computer in it and then I would be a very happy man.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
It's just a prototype. I want them to change the feet of the case because the design right now looks weird and cheap. Hopefully the grill mesh on the side have filters and be able to mount 2x120mm fans.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Looks a bit SciFi-ish, but I still think it looks better than the toys that are being released by most of the other brands

spat55

Distinguished
Doesn't look like I would buy it for it's looks, I see some bargain cases for £40 and under that look better so it must have something very nice inside to make it worth it.

I still prefer my PowerMac G5 case I converted into an ATX case. The design is just so efficient for air flow. My fans stacked up so it is a wall of moving air in from the front and out through the rear of the case. Unlike most case designs where you have air flow coming in from multiple directions causing all sorts of eddies and fans working against each other reducing efficiency.

Assuming the front is slotted for air flow all the way up this case does hold some promise. I also wonder about all the external 5.25" drive bays. Who are all these people that have numerous optical disk drives? It would be sleeker without all of them. One is enough for most people.

[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]i agree, its a bit retro. I thought people were well and truly over BEIGE.[/citation]

Because they totally would go to the trouble of using aluminum. Then paint it beige.... It couldn't possibly be silver or white under obviously horrible lighting...

nemedzerian

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Well i like it, sturdy, clean lines, a little bit eclectic. My guess is that is targeted to a less flamboyant crowd in the gaming and designing areas. It's nice to see now and then a different aproximation in pc cases

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Nemedzerian[/nom]Well i like it, sturdy, clean lines, a little bit eclectic. My guess is that is targeted to a less flamboyant crowd in the gaming and designing areas. It's nice to see now and then a different aproximation in pc cases[/citation]

Good comment, thumbs up!

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Looks like they're going for ventilated side section (between the front aluminium and rear aluminium parts), possibly wrapping all the way around. Might be good for ventilation, or horrid for dust buildup. I think that if you look close enough you can see three 5.25" bays and what I think may be one or two front 120mm fans, unless I'm seeing things. Don't see the front I/O panel, so I'm assuming its in that little cavity up top. It's not a terrible looking case. Not flashy, but the lighting either isn't doing it justice, or there is something is off with the metal (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on bad lighting, though I have seen people who would paint aluminum such a "unique" color). At the very least it will be interesting to see the details on the case at some point. Could turn out to be a real gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS