[SOLVED] Xiaomi Mi 4A Gigabyte router

Feb 25, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 4A Gigabyte router
I bought this router a couple of days ago from the internet-store and when I connect it I saw everything is in the Chinese language and I want to ask you:
Can I install some European (English) firmware on it?
I have a problem with the setup it and after setup also is hard to manage them.
Also, why I can't see IPTV (Kodi PWR) on my tv box with the Xiaomi mi 4A router? On the same network when I connect the Tp-link router TL-WR940N (default settings) there is no problem. PWR Kodi working excellent on TP link
What I must setup to see IPTV PWR from KODI through the MI 4A router?
Please help me.

Last edited:
Solution
I bought this router a couple of days ago from the internet-store and when I connect it I saw everything is in the Chinese language and I want to ask you:
Also, why I can't see IPTV (Kodi PWR) on my tv box with the Xiaomi mi 4A router? On the same network when I connect the Tp-link router TL-WR940N (default settings) there is no problem. PWR Kodi working excellent on TP link
Please help me.
Since the manufacturer doesn't have a downloads section, I am skeptical of getting official firmware...

kanewolf

Titan
Please help me.
Since the manufacturer doesn't have a downloads section, I am skeptical of getting official firmware. BUT, this page seems to say you can use openWRT on the gigabit edition of that router -- https://openwrt.org/inbox/toh/xiaomi/xiaomi_mi_router_4a_gigabit_edition

Solution