Question XMP in motherboard

Jun 17, 2024
Hey i don't know why but in my bios i do not see the xmp profile to put my ram at 3600MHZ and rn its stuck at 2133 , i also don't know how to check whats my motherboard could someone help me please

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Please post all your PC specs. All components including power supply BIOS version etc. We have no idea what you're working with. Please be specific.
Thank you.

So, your HP Omen PC most likely uses a propriatory motherboard. Looking at the specs: https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-875-0035qe

It seems the mobo may only support 2666mhz ram. Which exact ram kit did you buy/add? This is important. If this ram kit has only 1 XMP profile (3600mhz) because your mobo doesn't support that speed, it will only allow the ram to run at default of 2133, as there is no secondary XMP or Jedec setting for 2666mhx. You may have to return the ram, and get a kit that matches the mobo's capability with a max of 2666mhz kit.

Reactions: beyondlogic
You can use CPU-z to determine the CPU/Mobo and Ram by make and model. This is the easy route to finding the main details we need.

You may also have to look at a bios update for yoru system. HP software usually keeps this up to date, but if not, updating it may bring some memory compatability, which could get the ram working at it's rated speed. It's a longshot though, as that system is old-ish now, and doubt if there's much by way of newer bios' available.

Hey i don't know why but in my bios i do not see the xmp profile to put my ram at 3600MHZ and rn its stuck at 2133 , i also don't know how to check whats my motherboard could someone help me please
my ram is corsair ddr 4 vengeance x 3600mhz btw
So, your HP Omen PC most likely uses a propriatory motherboard. Looking at the specs: https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-875-0035qe

It seems the mobo may only support 2666mhz ram. Which exact ram kit did you buy/add? This is important. If this ram kit has only 1 XMP profile (3600mhz) because your mobo doesn't support that speed, it will only allow the ram to run at default of 2133, as there is no secondary XMP or Jedec setting for 2666mhx. You may have to return the ram, and get a kit that matches the mobo's capability with a max of 2666mhz kit.

as mentioned its a non standard motherboard which most likely is voltage locked to 1,2v

so you would have to enter the bios on start up of the pc and see if you can turn on xmp if you cant its voltage locked.

which means 1.2v

ram that should work fine

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead