Question XMP profile not saving

Carter McGee

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
What the title says. Got a 32GB kit of 3600 speed but everytime I set the XMP profile, save, then boot it will restart 3 times then load normally but without the set speeds that I had set and is set at 2133. When I set it to auto it doesn't do the reboot three times thing. I for sure have the sticks in the correct spots for dual channel.

R5 2600
B450 Steel legend mAtx
Aorus RTX 3060 Ti
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3600MHz CL18

boju

Titan
Ambassador
They are in correct slots as you said. Sorry just had to check, would be surprised how many say that and ram are in slots 1&3 instead which is a no no for amd.

Is bios updated?

See if xmp saves with one stick in 2nd slot, confirm in windows then try add the other afterwards.

If fast boot is on in bios try disable it. Fast boot can interrupt or shorten memory training during initial settings being applied during post. Once into Windows then fast boot can be enabled on next restart.

Carter McGee

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
They are in correct slots as you said. Sorry just had to check, would be surprised how many say that and ram are in slots 1&3 instead which is a no no for amd.

Is bios updated?

See if xmp saves with one stick in 2nd slot, confirm in windows then try add the other afterwards.

If fast boot is on in bios try disable it. Fast boot can interrupt or shorten memory training during initial settings being applied during post. Once into Windows then fast boot can be enabled on next restart.
So sorry for the long delay, was on vacation then had a bunch of uni to do giving me no time to fiddle around. Now that im back I disabled fast boot then tried, same thing. I was able to slowly move up the speed from 2??? (whatever it was) to 2666 and up until 3433 MHz @ 1.350 V. Higher than that it would do the 3 restarts and back to the original number of 2000 something