Question XMP Won't Stay Enabled!?

Jan 3, 2019
MOBO/CPU: P8-Z77-V LK w/ 3770k @4.3GHZ
MEM
: 2x 4GB Patriot Sector 5 1600MHZ

For some reason when I enable XMP in my bios, it works fine as long as the PC is running. When I turn it off to go to sleep, the next day it reverts back to 1066 MHZ. Then I have to re-enable it, rinse and repeat.

Any idea what's going on here? About 6 months ago I had a similar problem where none of my BIOS settings would save, so I changed the battery and it worked fine. Could it be that my MOBO battery has died again? Or possibly it's conflicting with my CPU overclock?

Could be a dead CMOS battery, but i would figure your cpu overclock would reset aswell.
Are you using the latest bios? If not, i would update your bios from your manufacturers website.

Also, i would make sure your ram is stable at the xmp profile. What voltage are you using?
Memtest x86 can test for ram stability when xmp ia enables in bios.

Jan 3, 2019
Could be a dead CMOS battery, but i would figure your cpu overclock would reset aswell.
Are you using the latest bios? If not, i would update your bios from your manufacturers website.

Also, i would make sure your ram is stable at the xmp profile. What voltage are you using?
Memtest x86 can test for ram stability when xmp ia enables in bios.
Thanks for the help!
I read up on the mobo manual and it said to use the A2/B2 blue DIMM slots for better reliability. Seems to be working okay now, I will be back if it happens again but so far so good!