Xonar DG and Dolby Digital 5.1

fsdgvfdfg

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I am new in sound cards.
So I have home theaters, which support Dolby Digital 5.1.

My question is, if I buy Xonar DG, do I get Dolby Digital 5.1 through Optical output when I watch for example, movies in Dolby Digital 5.1 from computer. My receiver has an indicator showing which is active, Dolby Digital, or Pro Logic II, or DTS.

So since this sound card has no Dolby Digital Live, Pro Logic II in my receiver does surround sound for anything else.

But when movie or whatever is playing is encoded already in Dolby Digital 5.1, do I get Dolby Digital 5.1 through Xonar DG?

MasterZoen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I have a Xonar DG, and had asked ASUS the same question before buying it. They said yes, but it seems that no, you won't. This is the 2nd time that ASUS support has blatantly lied to me. The DG only sends PCM data through the S/PDIF. Decoded and uncompressed stereo sound only. A search on their site for the DG shows that it only has Dolby Headphones listed under Dolby Technologies.
On the other hand, if you have a surround sound speaker setup connected via three 3.5mm cables to the audio card then yes, you will have surround sound. I'm switching back to a SoundBlaster. I've never been lied to by Creative Labs.