XP Black Edition, please advise.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

am downloadin a version as we speak > Black XP Ultimate 28 build 11, 2008 Advanced Win XP SP3, will come back and let ya know how it turns out

eagleeyered

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I am actually looking for another copy of this os, I lost my copy in the move. I read most of the posts in this thread; and I never had any problem with my version, it was fantastic. Was the versions you all had running on Corporate edition, like the one I had? I got mine from torrentdmg, no longer a member, could anyone recommend a good copy for me?

`Nbryson

If you want another copy of Black XP, please email. me at atozcomputerrepair.com and I will find a way to send the ISO to you right away

whateveryoulike

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Are you people getting kicks from speculations and assumptions? How many of you have acually tested it. And I don't mean running a virus scan on the ISO. The ONLY catch to XP black is that everything is illegal. There are no viruses, malware, or adware. It was created in Linux environment, which is by far, more secure than all windows versions combined. I should know, I helped build it. If you have a copy with viruses, they were planted by the site releasing that copy. Get it from a trusted source. Granted some people exaggerate on it's performance, but it is faster than any legit copy of windows. It's the ONLY copy of windows I will allow on my system since a legit copy of XP cost me 117 pages of a book I was writing, over $1 mill in software, and my job as a freelance writer. Legit copies are built to fail. It's how they make the bulk of there income. Not to mention $3-400 per legit copy, which you can only use 3 times, is a total and complete rip off. Especially with all the free versions of Linux and other OS's.

In closing, don't leap before you look.

NaomiHawkins

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
black xp along wih microxp are the fastest
24213481828.jpg
custom made versions, that is if you are OK with pirated software

G

Hey whateveryou, where can I find an up to date trusted source for windows xp pro black?

Arcadian

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
xp black is for people who know what they are doing, of course it has trojans if you do not know what you are doing you'll get virues, so be careful.

PirateUser

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Just got done downloading, installing, scanning and putting the Windows Black 2009.1.24 package through the wringer -- I love it!

My configuration:
Dell Latitude D610 laptop running Ubuntu Intrepid linux, (now) dual booting this Black edition.

I downloaded the torrent in Linux, burnt the CD image with Brasero (in Linux), then mounted the image file under Linux. I scanned the complete image in Linux with ClamAV -- nothing bad. I then installed it on a new partition, set it all up, configured my laptop's drivers and got it completely functional. Then I booted into Linux and ran ClamAV on the Windows partition -- nothing bad at all. I then booted back into Windows and installed AVG Free, SpyBot S & D, and Spyware Blaster (my standard Windows protection combination) -- I then scanne the entire partition with both, with both reporting no problems or viruses. :love:

The most important thing is this -- I ran Windows Update and let it download all updates, including the new WGA Notification utility. THIS INSTALLATION PASSED BOTH WINDOW UPDATE VALIDATION AND WGA AUTHENTICATION WITH FLYING COLORS!!

I am sold on this.

The only thing that almost put me off was the initial theme -- very nicely done, but with a desktop wallpaper depicting a pirate skull over crossed sabers with the words, "Windows XP - Pirated Edition" below it! However, I simply went into Display Settings and changed to the stock Windows XP theme and it went away. Now, no one can tell the difference between mine and one stock out of the box -- and apparently niether can M$.

Whoever created this did a superlative job, and deserves all the credit he/ she (unfortunately) can't accept (legally).

jheunne

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
xp black is as stable as all the other verion of xp's. In addition I find it 25% faster. With regards to look, it is as beautiful as VISTA. To make it simple (and hope to convince you all), XP black is the sum of everything good about other xp's and vista. Make sure to install the latest version.

-jheunne

drrose1977

Distinguished
May 16, 2009

Where can I get this version of Black that you speak of?

G

sometimes i wonde what people reall want, you give them mac they complain, xp they complain,vista they complain,linux they complain, what the hell you people want, :pfff:

they want "in theory" a good kicking up the backside as they usually dont know what they want.

but for the people that do, they want something that works with what they got, which is easy, popular, can somehow share things to friends.
and somehow fix so if they want they can charge for a service.

so in theory they want a tv LOL

it turns on, works with most things.
its popular, easy to fix (tuning, cabling)
and they can charge for sorting the wiring out. lol

eagleeyered

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009

sorry an error in my message

Status
Not open for further replies.