XP Home (SP2)

Since I have installed SP2 onto my system my computer runs so slow. Things
were fine prior the update, If I use any other product 9 out of 10 times the
system hangs either on close down of the programme I am in or half way
through something. and after a while jumps back into life. Most of the time I
am sending non response msg's to MSoft. System is fully up-to-date with
patches etc and have also disabled all anti virus and spam protection. This
still does not have any effect. Anyone have any clues.

Regards
Clive

"...disabled all anti virus and spam protection"
Really?
Enable them immediately to protect your computer.
There may be things you can disable but you have started at a place
you should never be.

Follow this:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"clive.yeoman@tiscali.co.uk"
<cliveyeomantiscalicouk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since I have installed SP2 onto my system my computer runs so slow.
> Things
> were fine prior the update, If I use any other product 9 out of 10
> times the
> system hangs either on close down of the programme I am in or half
> way
> through something. and after a while jumps back into life. Most of
> the time I
> am sending non response msg's to MSoft. System is fully up-to-date
> with
> patches etc and have also disabled all anti virus and spam
> protection. This
> still does not have any effect. Anyone have any clues.
>
> Regards
> Clive

Thanks for the help, the links helped, take on board re protection this was a
one off just to find out if any of these had caused the slow down. Kaspersky
spoken to and have been informed that antivirus 4.5 and above have a small
problem which could slowing down your system whist checks are carried out.
This is being addressed.

Again Thanks "JJ".
Clive

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> "...disabled all anti virus and spam protection"
> Really?
> Enable them immediately to protect your computer.
> There may be things you can disable but you have started at a place
> you should never be.
>
> Follow this:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "clive.yeoman@tiscali.co.uk"
> <cliveyeomantiscalicouk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since I have installed SP2 onto my system my computer runs so slow.
> > Things
> > were fine prior the update, If I use any other product 9 out of 10
> > times the
> > system hangs either on close down of the programme I am in or half
> > way
> > through something. and after a while jumps back into life. Most of
> > the time I
> > am sending non response msg's to MSoft. System is fully up-to-date
> > with
> > patches etc and have also disabled all anti virus and spam
> > protection. This
> > still does not have any effect. Anyone have any clues.
> >
> > Regards
> > Clive

TRENDING THREADS