Question XP on LGA1155

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wilcal

Reputable
Mar 29, 2020
I am currently running LGA775 with both W10 and XP. I kept the XP on a separate partition for playing W98 era games on legacy hardware. My sound card with gameport works on W10 and the gameport works when booted in XP. Having MB issues and can replace it with a(same) working one but eventually I will need to move up to something not quite as old. Figured it was time to make a plan. Im not as concerned about Running W10, thats probably the easy part. Already aware that ufei is a potential problem as well as changing to SSD (though it dont know if that is an issue I am already running it on a SATA HD). I am looking at the chipset options and like the B75 boards due to the onboard/chip PCI controler (as opposed to a PCI to PCIe bridge) since XP needs or at least i need at least one PCI card. There are 2 Boards im looking at, one by Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V the other by Asus P8B75-V (as well as the M-LX) and still poking around so open to other suggestions. Would like to hear what experiences people have had especially if running one of those MBs with the B75 chip. If there are better ideas i would like to hear it.

Nov 28, 2020
3 matching modules will do, 3x4GB would be good. for 12GB. ECC can be cheaper. It takes up one extra clock cycle for the data checking. But with 3 channel it's still fast. You need to fill the slots in sets of 3 modules, not in pairs. That's the advantage LGA1366 has over other systems that age. for more info. mini atx case

Reactions: Wilcal

TRENDING THREADS