XP Potion Hunt

Hi All

Some info on the XP Potion Treasure Hunt. Anything with a question
mark is not known for sure, but I was merely piecing together /ooc and
guild chat where people were linking the items. I admit I hadn't a
clue on what most of these were! Hope it helps a bit, and forgive me
if anything proves incorrect.

The various Hunt Items are No-Drop, naturally.Someone linked the
potion just as I was logging out, but in the few seconds I saw it I
noticed the duration was 15 minutes (not 30, as patch said, but what
the heck, I'm not complaining) but it was NOT Lore, so you could grab
2 or 3 of each item and just see the NPC for the bag after you
collected the stuff :)) I can't recall noting if said potion was
No-Drop, but I assume it will be.

1 Overthere - Collectors Sarnak Braid

2 Firiona Vie - Collectors Drachnid Web Sack

3 Lake of Ill Omen - Collectors Bloodgill Scale (?)

4 Field of Bone - Collectors Brittle Iksar Skull

5 ??

6 Frontier Mountains - Collectors Tump Stump

7 ??

8 ?? - Collectors Canine (Drolvarg??)

9 Burning Woods - Collectors Fire Hornet Wing

10 ??

Hi All

You probably all know this, but the Treasure Hunt NPC's have some nice
festive items for sale if you right-click them. There's a
Commemorative Coin with +50 Charisma (Lore, No-Drop, Range slot) and a
Festive Doll with +15 on all stats (Lore, Primary, Secondary and Range
slots) and they are totally free for the asking :))

Palindrome

Err, my previous posts refer to EQ1's 6th Anniversary celebrations by
the way - sorry for not putting that in the header. My bad!

Palindrome

Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
> The various Hunt Items are No-Drop, naturally.Someone linked the
> potion just as I was logging out, but in the few seconds I saw it I
> noticed the duration was 15 minutes (not 30, as patch said, but what
> the heck, I'm not complaining) but it was NOT Lore, so you could grab
> 2 or 3 of each item and just see the NPC for the bag after you
> collected the stuff :)) I can't recall noting if said potion was
> No-Drop, but I assume it will be.

If the Collector items are Lore, of course, it makes it harder to
collect multiple sets to get the multiple potions. I'll have to see.

I'm also curious to hear whether the potion affects ALL sources of
xp gain. I've heard that completing a DoN mission gives a sizable
chunk of xp, so can you double that by quaffing a dose? (I don't
know how the mission xp compares to 15 minutes of grinding xp mobs,
but I got the impression it was pretty big.)

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:19:52 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
>> The various Hunt Items are No-Drop, naturally.Someone linked the
>> potion just as I was logging out, but in the few seconds I saw it I
>> noticed the duration was 15 minutes (not 30, as patch said, but what
>> the heck, I'm not complaining) but it was NOT Lore, so you could grab
>> 2 or 3 of each item and just see the NPC for the bag after you
>> collected the stuff :)) I can't recall noting if said potion was
>> No-Drop, but I assume it will be.

>If the Collector items are Lore, of course, it makes it harder to
>collect multiple sets to get the multiple potions. I'll have to see.

Sadly, someone just tried to do the quest twice and found out it won't
work twice. When you have done it, you are sort of "flagged" so the
NPC won't let you do it again. Shame.

>I'm also curious to hear whether the potion affects ALL sources of
>xp gain. I've heard that completing a DoN mission gives a sizable
>chunk of xp, so can you double that by quaffing a dose? (I don't
>know how the mission xp compares to 15 minutes of grinding xp mobs,
>but I got the impression it was pretty big.)

Aye, it would be nice using it in a zone with an xp bonus, too. That
150 minutes, spent in a "hot" zone, could be a big help, xp-wise.

Palindrome

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:19:52 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>If the Collector items are Lore, of course, it makes it harder to
>collect multiple sets to get the multiple potions. I'll have to see.

Items themselves are not lore but the bag are lore and when you hand
the sealed bag in, you are flagged and can't get another. A trick to
get 2nd bag was to first hail for a new bag right before handing the
sealed bag in to get a second round of the quest. But once you hand
in the first sealed bag, you get nothing from second sealed bag at
all. No extra potion, no bonuses, nada. So don't bother running
around the second quest or looting 2 of everything.

>I'm also curious to hear whether the potion affects ALL sources of
>xp gain. I've heard that completing a DoN mission gives a sizable
>chunk of xp, so can you double that by quaffing a dose? (I don't
>know how the mission xp compares to 15 minutes of grinding xp mobs,
>but I got the impression it was pretty big.)

I don't know how the xp gain is accounted for but I do know that SCR
AA's, shawl, and EE items have NO effect on the timer. And I was
under the impression that potion was supposed to be 30 minutes yet the
potion itself said 15 minutes. Dunno where SoE made a mistake.

The server downtime which should have just started was rumored to fix
a few things (15m vs 30m potion perhaps?), possibly make the
collectable lore as well to discourage collecting multiples in one
sitting, and possibly to nerf the dropable Festive Doll.

They were free but they were selling like hotcakes in bazaar at around
5kpp >_< If that's true no idea if the Festive Doll itself will be
changed to No Drop or if they will simply change so there's different
No Drop version while the dropable version becomes a rarity. I hope
it's the former.

Oh yeah if you got the FREE (Lore no drop) coin with +50 CHA and put
them in ranged, you can use 2x opal encrusted cops for a combined
total of +100 CHA so even if your toon have really lousy cha, you can
still benefit greatly! I use badolier just to save the hassle of
switching around.

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
> The server downtime which should have just started was rumored to fix
> a few things (15m vs 30m potion perhaps?), possibly make the
> collectable lore as well to discourage collecting multiples in one
> sitting, and possibly to nerf the dropable Festive Doll.
>
> They were free but they were selling like hotcakes in bazaar at around
> 5kpp >_< If that's true no idea if the Festive Doll itself will be
> changed to No Drop or if they will simply change so there's different
> No Drop version while the dropable version becomes a rarity. I hope
> it's the former.

Drat, I didn't get mine before the servers went down. Looking in the
Bazaar, I see some still for sale, still droppable. But I still don't
have a new one, so I don't know if it got nerfed or not.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:38:25 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>Drat, I didn't get mine before the servers went down. Looking in the
>Bazaar, I see some still for sale, still droppable. But I still don't
>have a new one, so I don't know if it got nerfed or not.

You're lucky they didn't nerf the doll this time but there's lots of
nasty word going around in /ooc whenever someone tries to sell the
doll even for one pp. (/ooc DO NOT BUY FROM SELLER XXX HE IS A SCAMMER
AND A THIEF! for example)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:38:25 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
>> The server downtime which should have just started was rumored to fix
>> a few things (15m vs 30m potion perhaps?), possibly make the
>> collectable lore as well to discourage collecting multiples in one
>> sitting, and possibly to nerf the dropable Festive Doll.
>>
>> They were free but they were selling like hotcakes in bazaar at around
>> 5kpp >_< If that's true no idea if the Festive Doll itself will be
>> changed to No Drop or if they will simply change so there's different
>> No Drop version while the dropable version becomes a rarity. I hope
>> it's the former.
>
>Drat, I didn't get mine before the servers went down. Looking in the
>Bazaar, I see some still for sale, still droppable. But I still don't
>have a new one, so I don't know if it got nerfed or not.

No, haven't been nerfed, surprisingly :))

Palindrome

"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Err, my previous posts refer to EQ1's 6th Anniversary celebrations by
> the way - sorry for not putting that in the header. My bad!

You're apologizing for the fact that you failed to make clear that you were
posting on-topic? Yeesh, what has this world come to? :)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:41:52 -0500, "Dan Harmon"
<deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Err, my previous posts refer to EQ1's 6th Anniversary celebrations by
>> the way - sorry for not putting that in the header. My bad!
>
>You're apologizing for the fact that you failed to make clear that you were
>posting on-topic? Yeesh, what has this world come to? :)

Yes, the etiquette in here is getting a bit complex, isn't it ;)

Palindrome

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:54:21 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:38:25 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:
>
>>Drat, I didn't get mine before the servers went down. Looking in the
>>Bazaar, I see some still for sale, still droppable. But I still don't
>>have a new one, so I don't know if it got nerfed or not.
>
>You're lucky they didn't nerf the doll this time but there's lots of
>nasty word going around in /ooc whenever someone tries to sell the
>doll even for one pp. (/ooc DO NOT BUY FROM SELLER XXX HE IS A SCAMMER
>AND A THIEF! for example)

I was almost *sure* they would nerf the Doll, because it really is an
excellent item. I couldn't begin to guess how much an equivalent drop
would cost, if you bought it in the Bazaar. It also really shows up,
in comparison, how crummy an in-game item they gave away for buying
OOW. *Everyone* playing EQ will have this Doll on all their alts -
and will have made alts in their spare slots just to have the Doll for
future use - and yet all you got for buying an expansion was a
sparkly-effect item, lol. That said, the key-ring thingie was pretty
good, so it's swings and roundabouts :)

It sure is a very shabby trick *selling* the thing to unsuspecting
dupes.

Palindrome

TRENDING THREADS