Yahoo login/ MSN Messenger

Yu'all were so good on the news group questions, I have another one that is
a problem for me. How does one stop Yahoo messenger from opening directly
when one clicks on the smily icon instead of asking for name and password?
Mine used to do that but it stopped.

While I am here I have another. My webcam works very well in Yahoo. I have
tried it in MSN messenger and it will now turn on when clicking the webcam
conversation. Is there another was to start the camera? I don't want a
conversation anyhow.

TIA
Wull

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:toPIe.99776$0f.12129@tornado.texas.rr.com,
Wull <wmailey@gt.rr.com> had this to say:

> Yu'all were so good on the news group questions, I have another one
> that is a problem for me. How does one stop Yahoo messenger from
> opening directly when one clicks on the smily icon instead of asking
> for name and password? Mine used to do that but it stopped.
>
> While I am here I have another. My webcam works very well in Yahoo. I
> have tried it in MSN messenger and it will now turn on when
> clicking the webcam conversation. Is there another was to start the
> camera? I don't want a conversation anyhow.
>
> TIA
> Wull

Click sign out... Then untick the option to automatically remember your
username and password? I'm pretty sure that's how it's done. I suppose your
webcam may turn on with the press of a button on the top or a signal from an
application. Software surely came with it that you can use that will turn it
on, record, etc... If not grab xnview... www.xnview.com and from there you
can set it as the twain source and take snap shots etc... I don't think it
does video but, again, you have software that will do that... (It's in the
program files part of your start menu under the same name as your camera
likely.)

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes