Yahoo toolbar -- detect and remove

We've had a need to let a certain class of users be power users, and of
course they've done evil things.

I'd like to detect and remove Yahoo's toolbar automatically. Has anyone had
any experience with this? Google's coming up uncharacteristically dry
despite my brilliant search strategy.

Domain machines.

We'll be revoking power user group membership on the local machine and
working that issue from another angle, that's for sure.

--

Scott

Hello Scott,
Have you tried add -remove in control panel? The toolbar might be
there. Or it may be in Adobe Reader7 . Yahoo downloads with it unless you
check a box for it not and sometimes even if you check no it still shows up.
Best of luck to you,
Ron J

"Scott Marquardt" wrote:

> We've had a need to let a certain class of users be power users, and of
> course they've done evil things.
>
> I'd like to detect and remove Yahoo's toolbar automatically. Has anyone had
> any experience with this? Google's coming up uncharacteristically dry
> despite my brilliant search strategy.
>
> Domain machines.
>
> We'll be revoking power user group membership on the local machine and
> working that issue from another angle, that's for sure.
>
> --
>
> Scott

> We've had a need to let a certain class of users be power users, and of
> course they've done evil things.

I'm interested in what programs required you to assign Power User access to
some people.

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E): <http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting@pan-am.ca.asc>
Prevent problems before they happen and help others avoid bad design.

Yes Scott, I had a problem with uninstalling Yahoo. First let me say that my
system crashed last week. I constantly ran my NAV, and several
malware/spyware programs. Nothing at all was showing up and everything
seemed fine. Then I kept losing my connection to ie. Being fearful because
it's a new computer, took it to technician who reinstalled o.s. I've since
learned that I should have been suspicious of being infected with spyware of
some sort and this could have been fixed without the steps I took. One thing
I noticed in particular prior to these problems was that I couldn't uninstall
yahoo and when I went into tools in i.e. (as an alternative) to hide yahoo,
my google search bar would disappear instead and when I would try to hide
google, both search bars would disappear......but it was still impossible to
uninstall yahoo. Had I called Microsoft (tech support) instead of my mfgr
(Hewlett Packard - 12 month warranty) tech support, all of this may have been
resolved. Good luck and consider calling MS

"Scott Marquardt" wrote:

> We've had a need to let a certain class of users be power users, and of
> course they've done evil things.
>
> I'd like to detect and remove Yahoo's toolbar automatically. Has anyone had
> any experience with this? Google's coming up uncharacteristically dry
> despite my brilliant search strategy.
>
> Domain machines.
>
> We'll be revoking power user group membership on the local machine and
> working that issue from another angle, that's for sure.
>
> --
>
> Scott

Gordon Fecyk opined thusly on Mar 12:
>> We've had a need to let a certain class of users be power users, and of
>> course they've done evil things.
>
> I'm interested in what programs required you to assign Power User access to
> some people.

The "need" I euphemistically refer to is a grudging willingness to let
VCASEL (http://www.vcasel.com/) run its course and make teachers power
users.

We need it like we need a kick in the teeth. ;-)

When in doubt, adapt everything to your genuine security needs. Do not
accommodate vendors wishes to compromise security.

But we all know that. What isn't known, apparently, is a programmatic (e.g.
script) method of uninstalling Yahoo's toolbar.

No one? Dang the luck!

--

Scott

TRENDING THREADS