Your computer cannot be restored to...?

I wanted to restore my computer XPpro Sp2 to an earlier state and I keep
getting the message " Your computer cannot be restored to..." I have
tried 4 dates and allways the same reply.

I haven't had this problem before so any help would be most appreciated.
tokyosky@hotmail.com

tokyosky wrote:
> I wanted to restore my computer XPpro Sp2 to an earlier state and I
> keep getting the message " Your computer cannot be restored to..."
> I have tried 4 dates and allways the same reply.
>
> I haven't had this problem before so any help would be most
> appreciated. --

Hi - this isn't a hardware-related issue, and you have several replies to
your other post in another group. Please don't multipost - if you need to
post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. This makes it easier for everyone,
including you.

Any port in a storm as the saying goes. Just wanting some advice not
wishing to crush any one here.

As an observation looking at the rest of your posts I wonder why you
bother replying to this group as you have little if anything positive
let alone constructive to offerin any.

Have a nice day!

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote<br>

--
Tokyosky ------------------------------------
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas - (Vergil)

tokyosky wrote:
> Any port in a storm as the saying goes. Just wanting some advice not
> wishing to crush any one here.

No, and I didn't mean to offend, either. Just making a well-intentioned
suggestion on how to post to get the most help. When you multipost, you are
inadvertently asking people to duplicate the efforts of others - you will
get more help if you follow good 'netiquette'.

> As an observation looking at the rest of your posts I wonder why you
> bother replying to this group as you have little if anything positive
> let alone constructive to offerin any.

You certainly haven't been looking at very many of my posts, then, in this
or any of the newsgroups I sub too, which are many. :) Perhaps it's because
you're using a third-party web interface to access the groups rather than a
newsreader client.

> Have a nice day!

You too.

> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote<br>
>> tokyosky wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to restore my computer XPpro Sp2 to an earlier state and I
>>> keep getting the message " Your computer cannot be restored to..."
>>> I have tried 4 dates and allways the same reply.
>>>
>>> I haven't had this problem before so any help would be most
>>> appreciated. --
>>

>> Hi - this isn't a hardware-related issue, and you have several
>> replies to your other post in another group. Please don't multipost
>> - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost
>> instead, by posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups
>> (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the
>> thread. This makes it easier for everyone, including you.

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

Well after the bickering, what IS the answer? I've tried restoring every date
for two months and I get the same message, my computer will not restore. As
I'm new to computing and I'm probably doing something wrong but what?

Henry wrote:
> Well after the bickering, what IS the answer? I've tried restoring
> every date for two months and I get the same message, my computer
> will not restore. As I'm new to computing and I'm probably doing
> something wrong but what?

Did you get any other replies?
You probably have corrupt system restore points. Disable system restore to
purge them, then reenable it again.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> tokyosky wrote:
>>> Any port in a storm as the saying goes. Just wanting some advice not
>>> wishing to crush any one here.
>>
>> No, and I didn't mean to offend, either. Just making a
>> well-intentioned suggestion on how to post to get the most help.
>> When you multipost, you are inadvertently asking people to duplicate
>> the efforts of others - you will get more help if you follow good
>> 'netiquette'.
>>>
>>> As an observation looking at the rest of your posts I wonder why you
>>> bother replying to this group as you have little if anything
>>> positive let alone constructive to offerin any.
>>
>> You certainly haven't been looking at very many of my posts, then,
>> in this or any of the newsgroups I sub too, which are many. :)
>> Perhaps it's because you're using a third-party web interface to
>> access the groups rather than a newsreader client.
>>

>>> Have a nice day!
>>
>> You too.
>>>
>>> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote<br>

Finally booting in to safe mode and carrying out a restore from there
did it for me. Thanks to a helpful post I got the following link

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP

Henry wrote<br>