News Your washing machine could be sending 3.7 GB of data a day — LG washing machine owner disconnected his device from Wi-Fi after noticing excessive o...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more of an issue with the company than the developers. I have seen too often the move to Agile dev processes cause this problem. Instead of properly following Agile and continuing to improve and develop, the bean counters see a 1.0 release and everyone yells STOP DEVELOPING to save money and the POS 1.0 becomes the permanent final product. Google is really bad at this. They never improve a product beyond 1.0, just lets them sit stale for years.

The product should of never made it past PoC with such security flaws. It's solidly on the developers for taking the path of least resistance instead of doing it right. The only way to stop this from happening is to gatekeep with someone who is outside of the normal product development pipeline.

You absolutely do not iterate security, that's gross negligence.

Aug 14, 2023
Of coarse its the router, Asus has been on this fix to destroy the brand they built. They have killed a router with a bios update, the b650e-f is still to this day having many bios issues and I'm currently waiting to replace it with anything other then Asus. I would avoid anything Asus at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.