Question Youtube buffering when connected to 5Ghz wifi but not on 2.4Ghz

NokSom

Commendable
Jun 25, 2022
When I am using 5Ghz wifi, Youtube would keep on buffering on 1080p60fps videos, but on 2.4Ghz wifi from the same router, it is perfectly fine loading the same video. This problem seems to only happen on wifi for both my ipad 7 and iphone se2. I have a windows laptop connected via ethernet and there is no problem watching Youtube.
Does anyone know what causes and how to fix this?
My router is TP-Link Archer AX23

Go steal all your neighbors routers so they can't interfere with you. :)

You have very few options. Try to change the radio channel on the router. If that makes no difference try to restrict the channel width to 40 or 20 mhz and then again try other radio channels. The smaller channel width reduce the chance of interference but it also greatly reduces the bandwidth. It is still more than enough for youtube. The 2.4 radio already only uses 40 or 20.

The other possibility is your walls are absorbing too much signals. 5ghz is much more easily absorbed. Not a lot you can do but again maybe changing the channels might help sometime the walls absorb some frequencies better than others.

Is the laptop you use ethernet in the same room as you have issues with your apple wifi devices. You might consider buy a small router and using it as a AP connected to the ethernet. Since the wifi signal would be in the same room it is much less likely to have interference or absorption issues.

TRENDING THREADS