PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Two questions on Youtube streaming.

1. Each time I stream, I have to manually set the game title, playlist option, tags, etc. every time in Youtube studio.
Is there really not a way for Youtube to remember the settings from the previous stream?

2. My stream quality is great, but when I go offline and the stream becomes a video, the quality is noticeably worse.
How do I fix this?

Encoding settings in OBS are:

Audio Encoder - FFmpeg AAC
Video Encoder - Nvidia NVENC H.264
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 6000 kbps (Excellent quality during streaming)
Keyframe interval - 2 s
Preset - P5: Slow
Tuning - High Quality
Multipass Mode - Two Passes
Psycho Visual Tuning - Checked
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 2

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there really not a way for Youtube to automate this?
automate what exactly?
just auto-detect the content that your uploading and magically incorporate the exact game titles, game position, and what you're trying to show off?

when I go offline and the stream becomes a video, the quality is noticeably worse.
what resolution are you offering and what quality encoding are you using?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
automate what exactly?
just auto-detect the content that your uploading and magically incorporate the exact game titles, game position, and what you're trying to show off?

what resolution are you offering and what quality encoding are you using?

Automate setting the game name, playlist option, tags, etc.
Twitch can do this as it remembers what you have set before. I'd like Youtube to remember as well, but it doesn't. And I'm not uploading anything, this is for streaming.

Native res is 4k, output res is 1080. Looks great when live, but look bad when saved as video.
I'll have to get back to you on the quality encoding settings.

Last edited:
Twitch can do this as it remembers what you have set before. I'd like Youtube to remember as well
Youtube has no way of determining what you're loading.
most wouldn't just keep loading the same exact title over and over so i imagine they don't bother trying to remember.

whether you're uploading or live recording to the Youtube platform there is still going to be some degradation from your live screen to their compressed video.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not specifically on topic, but was rather surprised today to be reading an article about self employment, and being a YouTube content creator is not only highly suggested, but listed as one of the best current income streams for people with no specific formal education or training.
Some lady had been doing this Etsy shirt store and cleared $100K a month from YT views, so she gave up her other calling(s) to double down effort on this.

Rather amazing to consider the possibilities.

Anyway, OP, I hope you can figure it out. Is there a way to increase the uploaded bitrate or anything?

Not specifically on topic, but was rather surprised today to be reading an article about self employment, and being a YouTube content creator is not only highly suggested, but listed as one of the best current income streams for people with no specific formal education or training.
Some lady had been doing this Etsy shirt store and cleared $100K a month
very sad how many people just sit watching "recommended" Youtube videos all day long.
that's what the American welfare program is for these days, pay people to sit at home and generate profit for sites like that and those making their goofy videos.
of course there are some good instructional videos available but the majority of clips i've seen when forced to be there are ridiculously stupid.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I personally enjoy watching YT videos. They have some really good historical docs and some great hands on how to stuff. I also enjoy a good number of the content creators for tech. When I am bored, I can put on some music or short attention span "fails" and the like and be entertained that way. I personally prefer it to cable TV which often has nothing worth seeing on anyway. There is not one single show on currently that I want to see. The wife doesn't want to "cut the cord" though...and when momma is not happy...well...

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Youtube has no way of determining what you're loading.
most wouldn't just keep loading the same exact title over and over so i imagine they don't bother trying to remember.

whether you're uploading or live recording to the Youtube platform there is still going to be some degradation from your live screen to their compressed video.

Didn't say anything about the title. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.
Youtube has options for putting my current stream in a selected playlist, entering tags for each stream and selecting what game I am playing.

I am NOT expecting Youtube to sense or learn what I want. I am asking if there's a way to REMEMBER what I had picked before, as I am the type of streamer who keeps playing a certain game until I finish it.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
is English not your native language or you just have a short memory?

Sorry, meant name of the game, rather than title. Thought you meant stream title.

Encoding settings in OBS are:

Audio Encoder - FFmpeg AAC
Video Encoder - Nvidia NVENC H.264
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 6000 kbps (Excellent quality during streaming)
Keyframe interval - 2 s
Preset - P5: Slow
Tuning - High Quality
Multipass Mode - Two Passes
Psycho Visual Tuning - Checked
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 2

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
meant name of the game, rather than...stream title
but that's exactly what i was referring to.
the site has no way of telling what game you may be using.
all they know is that you want to have something running on their site.

it would make sense if you could create a certain profile and use it each time.
but every time you switched to a new game the site has no way of determining that.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
but that's exactly what i was referring to.
the site has no way of telling what game you may be using.
all they know is that you want to have something running on their site.

it would make sense if you could create a certain profile and use it each time.
but every time you switched to a new game the site has no way of determining that.

I know this. I had already stated I know this. You're not listening to me.
I want it to REMEMBER what I put from my previous stream! I set the same game day after day and I have to do it manually each and every time. Same goes for tags and all the other stuff.
I am looking for a solution to make Youtube REMEMBER the settings from the past stream.