Question Youtube videos start with delay

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Hi, whenever I watch youtube videos, the videos start with a delay of 1 or 2 seconds.

It happens in Firefox. I already installed the latest realtek audio driver, it still happens

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
the first second of the sound gets cuttin off. the video starts normal but the sound gets cuttin off.
yes i use adblock plus, but no antivirus

Last edited:
in your browser's advanced settings, do you have 'use hardware acceleration when available' enabled?

Is your internet connectivity fast enough to support nearly instant play of whatever res video you are watching? (Naturally, watching 1080P videos can take a few seconds to buffer and start on a 20 Mbps connection vice a 480P video...whereas folks with an 800 Mbps connection, by contrast, might not know this struggle....

go to speedtest.net and see what your reported upload/download speeds are...

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
in your browser's advanced settings, do you have 'use hardware acceleration when available' enabled?

Is your internet connectivity fast enough to support nearly instant play of whatever res video you are watching? (Naturally, watching 1080P videos can take a few seconds to buffer and start on a 20 Mbps connection vice a 480P video...whereas folks with an 800 Mbps connection, by contrast, might not know this struggle....

go to speedtest.net and see what your reported upload/download speeds are...
It cant be this, my download connection is 50 mbps. Its weird, i have this new laptop acer swift 3, and it never happend with my old laptop.
Something must be wrong with it.

yes, hardware acceleration was enabled, shall i deactivate it?
It is not buffertime, its like the video starts with an error, the sound gets skipped for 1 second and its annoying

Last edited: