z170 motherboard for 6600k or 6700k

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
just like the title said, i need advice to choose a motherboard because i change my mind and choose the K version over non K skylake cpu

this is my current plan
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z3cGcc

note:
* i already read some thread here about z170 mobo but a lot of them have 2-gpu support and i think it's a little bit waste because i'm not a hardcore gamer who need more than 1 gpu card
* mobo in that list is the most likely i would buy but i will consider any suggestion depend on my pocket
* i'm not a fan of SLI/crossfire/whatever it called so a single GPU slot is really fine
* i choose k version cpu over the non k because the possibility that maybe i need to overclock it later
* ram version except 2666 is hard to find here so if it's possible i like to get the one which support that ram version
* i don't know the range/limit for the price in $ because the price difference in $ is here and there but in my currency the gap isn't so big just around $50 and the highest one on that list is around $250 here
* if it's possible i like to:
- know why to choose "this" one over the other
- know which windows it support
- get a not so hard bios to set/understand + good bios display/UI because i move from asus p8h61 and it's good IMO
* ssd, hdd, psu is my current one and for the cpu cooler, i get it from a friend of my friend
* really sorry for my horrible english :D

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

i use it for a lot of stuff. sometimes do a basic editing using photoshop, sometimes for basic video editing, play some games like for example GTA V.
well it's just when i really got nothing to do(photoshop and video editing)
i prefer the 6600k so i can put my budget to gpu or something else but still thinking which is best for next 4/5 years

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

well i think i will get the 6600k then. i do some further research for motherboard which cost lower than $200 and get a narrower option
- Asus Z170-A
- Asus Z170-K
- MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
- MSI Z170A Gaming Pro
- MSI Z170A Gaming M5 (not from the original option)
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3 (also not from my original option)
- Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

i read it somewhere that asus z170 motherboard is good especially the z170-A but in neweggs if i remember correctly lot of people having a problem with bios and some port. when MSI i read it somewhere those motherboard isn' so bad in that range of price. and the Gigabyte i got it when searching for mobo under $200

any suggestion? even from outside that list is fine :D

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

what about the lower version like Z170-K? is it good? the price gap here in my place is around $50-$55. is it worth to get the Z170-A over Z170-K?
sorry for a lot of question because i want to avoid any unnecessary extra cost for a feature which i don't really use

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

i'm going to get the Z170-A then. it's look cooler :lol:
thanks for your help :D