[SOLVED] Z170x 7 new install, no fan. Motherboard received power but wont't turn on

Mar 30, 2021
So I'm not sure what's wrong? Does anyone know what that means? It's not listed in the cpu manual.

Flip on the power supply. Board lights up on physical start button to show that it's receiving power.

Press that start button (designed for open case scenarios...) And I hear a beep, a click, and the red and green buttons/lights for overclocking and eco flash. I can leave the power on. This will repeat every few seconds.

I'm at a loss. I checked.the board. I checked the cpu. Everything is plugged in correctly. I removed all peripherals. Nothing. Same problem.

Does anyone know what this means? I'm not getting an error code and that's what he manual contains.

Edit: I have a fan lol, cpu and fan are mounted properly with thermal. The cpu fan doesn't turn on. Just those blinks.

Does anyone know what this means? I'm not getting an error code and that's what he manual contains.
Have only cpu, cpu cooler, single stick of ram connected and try to start it. Obviously also PSU 24pin and PSU 8pin connected.
Monitor connected to video output on motherboard.
(no hdd/ssd, no graphics card, no usb ports, no hd audio, no front panel connections/can leave power switch connected)

If still no luck, then assemble pc outside of pc case. Could be something causing short.

And please list full specs of your system.

Mar 30, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Have only cpu, cpu cooler, single stick of ram connected and try to start it. Obviously also PSU 24pin and PSU 8pin connected.
Monitor connected to video output on motherboard.
(no hdd/ssd, no graphics card, no usb ports, no hd audio, no front panel connections/can leave power switch connected)

If still no luck, then assemble pc outside of pc case. Could be something causing short.

And please list full specs of your system.

Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 7
DDR4 3600 RAM tried as dual channel 8+8 and as single channel 8 in multiple slots.
Corsair HX850i all that is plugged into it are the 24 pin motherboard and 8 pin cpu modular cables.

Every other component is disconnected including the power switch thingy. Using on-board power button.

Mar 30, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 7
DDR4 3600 RAM tried as dual channel 8+8 and as single channel 8 in multiple slots.
Corsair HX850i all that is plugged into it are the 24 pin motherboard and 8 pin cpu modular cables.

Every other component is disconnected including the power switch thingy. Using on-board power button.