Question z370 gaming 7 gives 18 as error

Mar 10, 2019
So, i just bought everything new from amazon: Intel i7 9700k, z370 gaming 7 , EVGA G3 750, a working HD, 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 8GB gskill ram 3200 mhz and Corsair H45. The GPU is RTX 2080 but i took it out for the tests. With the GPU or without it the problem is the same.

The problem is that when i try to turn it on, it will try to turn showing some codes on the display, then it will pause at code 40 then go to 0 and go back to 18. And sits at 18 for a while then it shuts down and turns on again automatically. I tried removing RAMS and checking every cable. I thought i could installed wrongly that H45 then i switched the plugs, the fan turns on -not sure for the pump tho- but this code doesn't even let me go to post so i think the h45 wouldnt be the problem.
I read somewhere that i should update my bios so that it recognizes the processor, but i dont know how can i do this without going to post, and with the motherboard rebooting after some time. Thankss so much in advance...

Mar 10, 2019
That board requires bios F10 or newer. That board also needs a compatible cpu installed in order to update the bios.
Ouch... okay, i'll see what i can do. Thank you!

The Z370 motherboard doesn't have a BIOS to support the 9700k. You need a Z390 board.
Well, i re-checked a lot to see if i was crazy but it does support the 9th gen, i just didnt know i had to update the bios for it. Also, i didnt know z390 was out... My bad. But now that i have it, i'll see what i can do. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS