Question Z390-A PRO ethernet connection issues

trompk

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I build my new pc with the MSI Z390-A PRO as the motherboard. I installed all the drivers which came with the motherboard. For my network I got the Intel Network Drivers 23.2.0.1006. The problem I have is that, even though my pc says it is connected with internet (doesn't show the yellow warning or the red thing,), I can't reach any websites or use anything which needs an internet connection (steam, One Drive, etc). I don't think the problem lies with the internet itself or the ethernet cable, because when I put the ethernet cable in my laptop the internet works fine.

To solve the problem I looked on the internet first. There I found several possible solutions. I tried to manually set the ip, defaultgateway and DNS, this didn't work. I also tried ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew in cmd. I tried reinstalling the drivers. Nothing worked. So as a last resort I did a clean install of windows 10. Wich improved the situation, I can now reach websites sometimes, but I still get the 'can't reach website' message often and for the website which do load it takes ages to load and when they load they don't even load properly (don't show images).

So is there anything I can do? Did I miss any relevant information?

Ralston18

Titan
What browser(s) are installed?

Is the Ethernet cable connection direct between new pc and router? Or is there some wall jack, switch, or powerline adapter involved?

Strictly wired - correct? No wireless adapters installed.

Check the network adapter's configuration settings. Use manual settings if currently set to Auto. Or try Auto if already manually set.

trompk

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
The installed browsers are chrome and edge.

It is a direct connection between my pc and router.

Strictly wired., no wireless adapters installed

Changing the configuration settings from auto to manual doesn't change anything.