[SOLVED] Z390 Aorus Ultra or Master HELP! :)

Gypooo

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
As the title says but let me give some important details , firstly i was initially planning on the Ultra paired with an I7 9700k and i also read about the VRM and what are those plus the VRM cooling and thermal designs of motherboard reached the conclusion ultra is enough for an 9700k and will have me a safe window if i ever consider overclocking anytime.

Recently i started considering an i9 9900k coz its on discount where i live so am kinda lost again as i know this cpu is so power hungry and if i ever wanna overclock in the far future i will need a beefy motherboard with good VRMs to cope with it and optimal mobo cooling thus i dunno if Ultra would still be enough for an i9 9900k or would it be better/safer/wiser to upgrade to Master as according to what i read Master got better VRMs and is made for top tier high end cpus (aka i9 9900k).

Solution
The Ultra is more than good enough and in fact has possibly a better VRM as discussed by Buildzoid who knows his stuff from Gamers Nexus..see below you tube on breakdown of the Ultra Motherboard and VRM discussion starts at 6 minutes and 10 seconds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtBc_nyJw8

Bottom line the Ultra is more than good enough for the 9900K. The Master has a slightly better heatsync for the VRM for slightly better cooling and of course some other nice extras but honestly it is a very good motherboard for the 9900K..
The Ultra is more than good enough and in fact has possibly a better VRM as discussed by Buildzoid who knows his stuff from Gamers Nexus..see below you tube on breakdown of the Ultra Motherboard and VRM discussion starts at 6 minutes and 10 seconds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtBc_nyJw8

Bottom line the Ultra is more than good enough for the 9900K. The Master has a slightly better heatsync for the VRM for slightly better cooling and of course some other nice extras but honestly it is a very good motherboard for the 9900K..

Last edited:
Solution