Z390 Godlike 6.3mm jack vs 3.5mm Audio out DAC connection.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Quick question if anyone knows.

From what I see it's only 1 Audio card on my Z390 Godlike. So with that answer is logical but again I'd like to ask.

I am having problems with my 6.3mm audio jack so right now I am using 3.5mm jack with adapter because my headphones are native 6.3mm.
Now actual question: Does both jacks 6.3 and 3.5 connected to same audio DAC/Audio hardware. Because in my previous board I had 2 Audio hardware that produced sound. High End DAC and regular Audio Realtek crap. (today's crap is actually pretty good)

Thanks guys !

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Now actual question:

Does both jacks 6.3 and 3.5 connected to same audio DAC/Audio hardware.

Reason I am asking because let's say on my Edition 10 board by ASUS I have 2 audio chips. One internal Realtek and one high-end DAC card that completely separate from board. You insert it in 5.25 bay and it has 6.3mm jack and volume dial.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I think I just found answer ..... damn it !

See as I expected only that damn 6.3mm jack is controlled with DAC, rest are crappy sound chip.

I am having problem with this jack, I can't RMA damn board it's simply too much work an I can't be without computer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Still confusing. Does both jacks 6.3 and 3.5 connected to same audio DAC/Audio hardware do what?? Using an adapter? Not getting any sound? What is it that's not happening with these headphones? What audio problem is it you're having?

From what i can gather (Guessing as best i can with this) is you're using an adapter and not getting sound.