[SOLVED] Z390 UD HDMI not conneting to MB but connects to GPU

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
when i use the hdmi on the motherboard it just wont work, i dont see anything coming up on the screen. it does on the GPU tho but i need to use it on the mother board for something but i got no clue what to do. anyone know of a solution?

Solution
Is the igpu enabled in bios. The default setting is auto and auto disables the igpu when a dedicated card is installed, so you'll need to change it to enabled. The option is in the chipset section of the bios.

johnsoner13

Respectable
i dont understand what you are saying. what is a kf model and what do you mean by the other p art of taking out gpu when trying integrated graphics
Intel CPUs with an “f” at the end don’t have an iGPU, for example the i5 9600kf.
what do you mean by the other p art of taking out gpu when trying integrated graphics
Umm, I mean take out the GPU when you try to use integrated graphics from your mobos HDMI port. Not sure it can be much clearer than that

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
It enables the igpu so that the video ports on the motherboard function. If any it will consume more power(but not much) it will also take some of the system ram and reserve it to use as vram for the igpu.
a while ago i used all of my ram like 3000 something on my cpu someone here told me to do it. it wont interfere?

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Intel CPUs with an “f” at the end don’t have an iGPU, for example the i5 9600kf.

Umm, I mean take out the GPU when you try to use integrated graphics from your mobos HDMI port. Not sure it can be much clearer than that
wait did you mean take out the HDMI from the gpu and place it in the mobos? if so i just did

Lagginglaggy

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Is the igpu enabled in bios. The default setting is auto and auto disables the igpu when a dedicated card is installed, so you'll need to change it to enabled. The option is in the chipset section of the bios.
ok i got it working, thanks you. but ive got another question. when the pc starts up it doesnt show me an option to open bios or boot options. just jumps to windows. do you maybe know of that issue?

TRENDING THREADS