Question Z590 Pro4 not powering RAM modules.

Mar 6, 2023
I was updating my PC the other day and bought a new PSU and Motherboard. However, when I turn on my PC, all the fans start running by my Motherboard displays a red light next to the DRAM and fails to boot into BIOS. I tried ordering new RAM, same issue. I reseated, tried using only one stick, nothing worked. Saw it might be an issue transferring data from CPU to RAM so I tried a new CPU, same issue. Out of ideas so I’m here on the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Motherboard: AsRock Z590 PRO4

CPU: 11th Gen 11900k

RAM: 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz

GPU: RTX 3090

PSU: 1050 W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1050W is the advertised wattage of the PSU. What is the make and model of the unit? Since the PSU was an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?

bought a new PSU and Motherboard
If the Z590 Pro 4 from ASRock is the upgrade, what board were you working with prior? How are you cooling that processor?

Mar 6, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1050W is the advertised wattage of the PSU. What is the make and model of the unit? Since the PSU was an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?

bought a new PSU and Motherboard
If the Z590 Pro 4 from ASRock is the upgrade, what board were you working with prior? How are you cooling that processor?

Hey there! Yes 1050 W is the advertised wattage. It is a GAMEMAX PSU which is an upgrade from my previous 850 W PSU.

GAMEMAX 1050W Power Supply, Fully... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0963BFQ8T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I had another Z590 Gigabyte motherboard previously that broke on me, so not exactly an upgrade but instead a replacement. Right now I can’t even get it to boot so I haven’t added my CPU cooler yet in case I need to return my new CPU I dont want there to be thermal paste on it.

Apr 13, 2023
If this post is still open then, I have the same motherboard, same failure, with a Pentium Gold CPU, and 16Gb but different memory make. Waiting for ASRock tech support response.