Question Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 LAN problem

Nov 8, 2022
This is a problem that is the same with two identical new build PC's.
Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 MB BIOS 10.03 (latest for gen13 CPU)
INTEL I5 13600KF
PATRIOT VIPER STEEL ddr4 64gb (2 x 32gb)
Patriot P300 1TB m.2 2280 M.2
GEFORCE rtx3060tI PCIe
Windows 10 pro
  1. As the CPU is Gen13, we downloaded latest BIOS (10.03) and flashed it using flashback button.
  2. After assembly, both PC's started up and we installed windows 10 (64-bit) without problem.
  3. After loading the drivers from CD enclosed with Motherboard we noticed that both PC's exhibited the same problem - on connecting a network cable (giving internet on another machine) although the port light was flashing amber internet was not connecting.
A USB network adapter plugged into same motherboard works correctly with same cable.
  1. On checking device manager, Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (17) i219-V was showing orange triangle with exclamation mark.
  2. Its properties (general tab) state "the device cannot start. (code 10)".
  3. Driver tab shows driver installed
  4. Event properties show Problem 0xa Status 0x0000001
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, re-flashed the BIOS and reloaded windows 10 pro as well as installing all updates and driver updates available.
Nothing solves the problem!
Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

After loading the drivers from CD enclosed with Motherboard we noticed that both PC's exhibited the same problem - on connecting a network cable (giving internet on another machine) although the port light was flashing amber internet was not connecting.
If you sourced the BIOS from the www, using a donor system, why didn't you also soruce the latest drivers(MEI included) from ASRock's support site?

both PC's started up and we installed windows 10 (64-bit)
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

As for your specs, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Provided you got the make and model of the board correct, 13th gen support isn't on 10.01, it's on 11.02. If you're not on the latter BIOS, you need to be on it, ASAP.

Nov 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

After loading the drivers from CD enclosed with Motherboard we noticed that both PC's exhibited the same problem - on connecting a network cable (giving internet on another machine) although the port light was flashing amber internet was not connecting.
If you sourced the BIOS from the www, using a donor system, why didn't you also soruce the latest drivers(MEI included) from ASRock's support site?

I thought it best to update the BIOS before assembling the components as I was not sure it would boot without a BIOS that was Gen13 ready. (The motherboard came with BIOS 7.3! which did not support Gen13). https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z690M%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/index.asp#BIOS is what I used and did link to 10.3 earlier today!
I will flash it and let you know

Once built I was hoping to update the other drivers using the Asrock App updater and that was were I then also updated the BIOS
both PC's started up and we installed windows 10 (64-bit)
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

As for your specs, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU.
Gigabyte P750GM modular PSU

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Provided you got the make and model of the board correct, 13th gen support isn't on 10.01, it's on 11.02. If you're not on the latter BIOS, you need to be on it, ASAP.

Many thanks for your speedy greeting and comment Lutfij. It maybe the problem is to do with The original 10.03 BIOS
Best wishes
Edwin

Nov 8, 2022
Just downloaded and used the flashback button to upgrade BIOS to 11.02 all now works !

Interestingly, depending on which way you get to the bios page for this motherboard you get different info!
the latest on one BIOS Page shows
Version 1 (11.02 - 10.01- 9.02 etc) Version 2 (10.03 - 9.03 - 7.02 etc) Someone is having fun!

Anyway Lutfij thank for pointing me the way.

TRENDING THREADS