Question Zero upload speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloeb

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
I'm having a problem on my windows 10 pc. Download speeds seem to be fine, but my upload speeds are at zero. Speedtest gave me this result: "A socket error occurred during the upload test. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later. "

I've tried other devices and the upload speed is normal, it's something with my pc. Nothing has changed recently and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I can find. I only use the built in anti-virus, no norton or anything. Could a bad ethernet cable cause this? Thanks

Well, I'd just try a different ethernet cable. Testing that is done within minutes. But have you updated your network card drivers or is it the same as the other devices? The error message could actually be true though. Try checking your firewall settings on both a working and the non-working device.

It has to be a software bug or something similar. It is telling lies since you send requests to the web site telling it you want to do a speed test. Obviously if you have zero upload the messages would never make it to the server. In addition when you download small acknowledgement messages are sent back pretty much constantly telling the server that you received the data and please send more. So your network in general is fine it is not a cable or router issue.

I would try one of the many other testing sites. I know this happens on one of my machines on certain browsers. I am not sure if it is the script blockers or the ad blockers that is causing it. It works fine on a completely different browser that I seldom use that has no blockers.

Ralston18

Titan
@Getrave.

Please begin a new thread regarding your network problem and include more information about your computer and current network configuration.

The present thread is about 1 1/2 years old (necro) and should not be "reused".

Thanks.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.